Thursday, March 29, 2012

Tonight I was at a "life group" and it was good. Really good in fact. I always feel like I have learned something when I am there. Of course when I get home I'm so jazzed up from it all I can't sleep. So...here I am writing! We are learning from Acts right now and I'm finding it quite an interesting book...one that I have never really read much before. I'm thinking that I will learn some things from this study because most of the others in the group seem to know a lot about this.

As I have been sitting here thinking on all of the events of the night this is what came to mind. I believe above all else the Lord wants us to worship and praise Him. If we do...when we do...everything else in our lives will just simply fall into place.

Tonight in praise and worship we come
To honor the Lord...the Holy One
With voices raised and hands held high
We thank You Lord the One Most High

You are the One we hold most dear
Thank You Lord for drawing us near
We praise You now and forever more
You are the King the One we adore

We praise You Jesus praise You now
On bended knee we humbly bow
You are our Savior and soon coming King
Our Lord and Master of everything

Thank You Jesus for bringing us peace
For making our storms...simply cease
For helping us conquer all of our fears
For standing with us through all of our tears

We praise and thank You for saving our souls
Thank You Jesus for making us whole
You died on the cross You set us free
You rose again for the world to see

So again we thank You and praise You Lord
You are the only One we want to live for
We hold our hands high and praise You again
Thank You Jesus for being our best friend


Psalm 145:1-3

I will exalt you, my God and King,
    and praise your name forever and ever.
I will praise you every day;
    yes, I will praise you forever.
Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise!
    No one can measure his greatness.

 






3 comments:

Desiray said...

Life groups and cell groups are wonderful it gives a person a chance to get to know the other people there as well as learn the scriptures we have that at our church...But they meet in people's homes once a week.

child of God said...

I agree with you Chelle. When you look at the prayer Jesus gave us it starts off worshipping God. Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.

When we pray we should always start out with worshipping Him and when we are attacked we should worship God. When life around us is falling apart, we should praise and worship God for He is always, always good.

Blessings,
<><

momto8 said...

how true is this for me now!! and i am slowly learning to praise Him in all things...not just all the good things....
thank you for your thoughts today. i am grateful for your blogging friendship and i appreciate you!
happy happy weekend!