Friday, March 30, 2012

Reflections

When you stand in front of the mirror what do you see? You see yourself standing there looking back don't you? A reflection of yourself that is. Well...do you ever stop...really stop...and think about the person you're looking at? No...not about how much you're starting to look like a family member...not about how much gray you have...or even how fat, or thin, you have become...but do you ever think about the person you have become on the inside? When it comes down to it, the inside of us is what really counts. God doesn't care what we look like on the outside...He cares about our heart.

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Just like most all of you, I generally am not thinking about that when I look in the mirror. However...today...right now in this moment...that's what I want to think about. How He sees me. More than anything I want to please Him. I want to look good on the inside. When I come before the Lord in praise...worship...prayer...I want Him to look at the inside of me and know that I'm growing in Him. And...for me to know that He is making me something good on the inside. That I am allowing Him to clean me up and change me from the inside out.

The other thing this brought to mind was...how do other people see me? Not just other Christians, but those that don't know Jesus. I guess the biggest question I always ask myself is this...Can others see Jesus in me? Everyday we need to spend time in the Word and praying.This will draw us closer to the Lord and help us to reflect His image. I want Jesus to be able to make Himself known to others by using me. 

Reflections...that's what it's about. How do we reflect Jesus? Do others notice something different about us? Do they know if they have a problem, or need, in their life that they can talk to us because we can pray for them? I'm not saying we always need to be perfect because that's not possible. And don't try to act like you are either, because people will see right through that. But...be real. Let them know where you stand with the Lord. Be a witness for Him. You don't even have to preach to them...because that will turn most of them off. Just let Jesus change you from the inside out so that you reflect His love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent word for me who stood in the mirror this morning w/out first starting my day with Praise and what I saw was not a pretty view....then I took the right mirror out and stood before it with Praise and watched the view change to glorious love of God for one of his own...

Desiray said...

Thanks Chelle for the posting today my dear. I hope you have a bless weekend...