Sunday, March 25, 2012

Depression

When this post started forming in my thoughts today I had no idea it was going to take the turn it has taken. In no way was it my intention to write about this subject but I have learned to go the way the Holy Spirit tells me to go. It can sometimes be hard for me to share the feelings I have within me but today I am good with sharing this. The Holy Spirit  has been showing me that the things I go through that cause me pain can be used to help others find peace in Him. So today...I pray that what I am about to share helps someone out there. So here we go...

More than anything, I want to be one of the best Jesus girls you have ever met. Yet more than anything, I fail miserably everyday. I let fear and doubt lead me into something I really hate more than just about everything else in life...depression. The Lord doesn't want me to go there anymore than I want too. Yet once I start down that path it is so hard to get off of. It's like falling into a dark hole that continues to suck you down until you think you won't ever get out. Or, like quicksand...sucking you down and suffocating you at the same time. However it feels...as bad as this sounds...at times I wish it would just end. Sometimes, I can pray and read the bible and eventually climb out. Other times I have to talk to someone or ask someone to pray for me. Fortunately, I have amazing people in my life that will listen, or just pray, when I don't even tell them what the problem is. This past week I had to do that and the Lord was faithful. I started seeing the light up above me, and could breathe again, as soon as the prayer was said...actually as soon as I read it. Thank you Marge for praying and letting the Lord use you.

Asking for help...or for prayer...can be hard at times but if you need it just suck it up and ask. satan will tell you to just keep it to yourself because they don't want to be bothered. Or, to not talk to them because it won't do any good anyway. Or...one satan really likes to tell me...this time you are just to far gone to get help. What ever satan tells you...ignore him. He is the father of lies...the owner of deception! satan wants you to fail...fall all the way to the bottom...suffocate. Don't believe him...call someone!

I am blessed to have a couple of people in my life that I can talk to when things go bad for me.  I am even more blessed to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. One day I believe that He will heal me of this depression problem. He has healed me of things...delivered me from things...and best of all...forgiven me of all my sins. Jesus loves me more than I can even imagine...and I love HIM!

Jesus loves you too. If you have a depression problem find someone that loves the Lord with all of their heart and ask them to pray with you about it. When you first feel it starting to hit you...pray...read the Word...and ask those that love you to pray for you.

Psalm 42:5-6a

Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise Him again-my Savior and my God!

My Bible says this...

When you feel depressed, take advantage of this Psalm's antidepressant: Read the Bible's accounts of God's goodness, and meditate on them.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Chelle, I thought of this when reading your post; "When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place." Our God can fill us with all joy and peace when we are patient in tribulation and constant in prayer. :)

I am praying for you sweet friend, and you know I am always here for you! :)

Kandi said...

Chelle,

I suffered from depression for the better part of my adult life, community is essential when we are going through troubled times. But also taking it Jesus is essential. It was a long time before He took the depression from me, but it was the depression that kept me going to Him for healing.

Blessings to you Chelle and my prayers today for anyone who is walking through the valley of depression.

Desiray said...

Chelle I understand about depression it's not a joke some people can't understand why or what causes it but it's a chemical in the brain that is not balance...and now a days with medicine and exercise can help allot. I remember some time ago my daughter was 15 she's 24 now I had a nervous break down and it was from depression. yes my doctor put me on medicine but it was the prayers of my mother who kept me in God's hands. She prayed for me sometimes three times a day when I would call and I there was times I thought she must be tired of doing this but she never gave up. And within 6 months the Lord brought me back on my feet He restored me and He showed me many things about myself and what I went through...God is our healer never ever forget that...He doesn't give up on us so don't you give up on HIM...He loves you more then you will ever know...

child of God said...

Hi Chelle,
Prayer is the key to all things. I am glad you reached out for prayer and that you have amazing friends that come in and cover you. You are so right that Satan wants us to hide away from people yet God created us to interact with others.

I will be keeping you covered hon.

Thanks for sharing,
<><

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Good post to share Chelle, being honest and transparent is a huge step, right?! Praying that joy will fill your heart again!

Reformed rebel said...

Thank you all for your comments and prayers. It means a lot tome as do all of you!
Chelle

Anonymous said...

HI Chelle - I also have found the psalms a great anti-depressant. Great post sweet friend.
God bless
Tracy