Wednesday, March 28, 2012

An Amazing Change

Psalm 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Tonight I was sitting and reflecting on my day and this verse just kind of popped into my thoughts. What an awesome reminder for us that no matter what our circumstances are this day was a gift from God. We always have the choice of how we are going to live our day. According to this verse we need to rejoice...be glad...take delight in...enjoy...revel...and yes, even Celebrate...because the Lord has made this day just for us!! Sometimes it may take some adjustment on our part to become joyful. It may even take some work just to put a smile on our face...that's up to us. It's those choices again. Today I had to make a choice...

Sometimes the things of life can get to us. They can send you on a downward spiral or you can choose to not let that happen. Today I choose to not go there. When I felt the...what I will call...dark thoughts start to take over, immediately I choose to stop them. I said a quick prayer and Psalm 23 came to mind. Even though I know it, I pulled it up on my iPad, and read it. Then I remembered being told before to insert my name in it and read it that way. This is what it looks like when you do that. (Insert your own name in place of mine.)

Psalm 23

The Lord is Chelles shepherd;
Chelle shall not want.

He makes Chelle to lie down in green pastures;
He leads Chelle beside the still waters.

He restores Chelles soul;
He leads Chelle in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though Chelle walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Chelle will fear no evil;
For You are with Chelle;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort Chelle.

You prepare a table before Chelle in the presence of Chelles enemies;
You anoint Chelles head with oil;
Chelles cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow Chelle
All the days of Chelles life;
And Chelle will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

When I read that I felt an instant change in myself. What ever it was that seemed to be tyring to work it's way in was instantly gone. The Lord took over and the Holy Spirit filled my soul with all the good things I needed. Isn't it just amazing how He works. If we will only open ourselves up to let Him work in us when we need Him too. The day turned out to be a great day!

Praise the LORD!!

3 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Chelle,
I love how you inserted your name into Psalm 23, that sure does make it personal and real.

You know what lifts me up when I am feeling down? Loving Jesus. I just tell Him how much I love Him and because of this love for Him I want to please Him and then the thoughts of the 'fruit of the Spirit' comes to mind. How can you focus on self when you are loving Jesus? You can't, it is impossible.

Blessings sister,
<><

Carole in the UK said...

Personalising the Word of God is a powerful 'pick me up' and a wonderful way to encourage yourself. You are then making God's Word your very own.

Great post Chelle

Denise said...

When darkness surrounds us we must always remember that there is nothing too difficult for our God, and every trial and situation we endure is allowed by Him for a purpose. :) He always keeps His promises!

Blessings for a great weekend! :)
Denise