Monday, August 10, 2009

TESTIMONY; THANK YOU JESUS

Today I have decided to give my testimony. I'm not really sure how to write it out but with God's help, here it is...

August 10, 2009...just a normal day for most people. For me it's been a different kind of day. Two years ago today I started on a journey that has changed my life. I met someone that day that is incredible. His name is JESUS CHRIST and He has completely turned my life around. Starting at about 4:30 this morning I have thought a lot about the last two years. Where I was then and where I am now. I was a total mess back then. All of my life I had hidden things from everyone...things that happened to me, the way I felt, things I had done...no one really knew me. Not even the people I was closest to. I was depressed, thinking about killing myself, drinking...basically unhappy and trying to figure out a way to get out of all of it. For a lot of my life I had been that way. I didn't know it then, but the one person I didn't think cared at all about me was actually pursuing me. For about 1 1/2 weeks prior to me becoming a Christian, GOD was working in my life. Probably even before that but I didn't know it. Different things would pop up on my computer about God, people would say things to me, all kinds of crazy things happened. Then about 3 days before I gave in I met a person from Georgia on Yahoo chat. I got a message that said she was asking if I wanted to accept her as a friend. I thought...why not? So I answered back and after we got to talking she said she had not sent that message. Through conversation it came about that she was a Christian and she asked if I was. I finally told her no and that was the beginning of the end of my life of torment. For three nights she "harassed" me, on the computer, about God. On the last night God put someone's name in my head that I kind of knew. All night long, and part of the next day, all I could think was that I had to call that person and talk to them about God. For most of that time I thought, "No Way" would I do that. Let me tell you...GOD is relentless. Once the Holy Spirit started really working on me, He wouldn't let up. I was totally miserable. Today I thank God for that...then, I didn't know what I was going to do. Through a series of events that day, I finally called, met and talked with them. They prayed with me and I really didn't feel anything. After awhile, and more talking, things in my head did start to change. Accepting Jesus as my Savior didn't instantly solve all my problems. Actually, there were many really bad days. At times it seemed like I would take 2 steps forward and then 3 or 4 steps back. Sometimes I just wanted to quit. "BUT GOD"...I like that phrase...wouldn't let me! He put Christian people in my life that I could trust and talk to. Before I even became a Christian He put me in a good church. I have to say it again...JESUS has changed my life! I am not depressed anymore, suicide doesn't enter my thoughts. At times I am still tempted to drink but I can't even remember when the last time was that I did, and...I have a much more happy, positive attitude than I ever had.

You can read my whole blog if you want to know more of my story. It talks a lot about my younger days. There are also things in it that have happened since I became a Christian. Forgiving me of my sins was the biggest and best miracle He could ever do for me. He has done other miracles since and they are there to read also. This blog is about my life but it in no way is meant to promote me or the things of my past. This blog is to show the saving power of Jesus Christ and all the things He has done for me and to let you know that He can do that and much more for you. If you are willing, HE is able!

If you don't know Him as your Savior you can today. Ask him to come into your life and forgive you of your sins. Then live for HIM. Find someone to talk to about God. HE can help you.

Jesus is the answer for all your problems.

Philippians 4:8-9 (New Living Translation)

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


Colossians 3:17 (New International Version)
17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him

No comments: