Thursday, August 13, 2009

CALLED TO CHANGE

John 3:30 (New Living Translation)

30 He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less.


I have used this verse in two of my last posts and I will probably have it in more to come. I can't seem to get away from it. It's what I want to happen and what I feel the Lord is telling me. He wants to become the center of my life...my focus. He wants to be the most important ONE...the One I rely on for my life.


God is calling me to be different than I have ever been before. To do different things. If someone asks me to do something for God I need to just do it and not think about how it will affect me. God is telling me to have a level of faith that says...with God's help I can do it. Even if within myself everything is screaming...You can't do it...do it anyway. He's asking me, Who do you put your trust in? Is it in yourself or is it in ME? Well, I like to think that my trust is totally in Him but in reality I know that many times I rely on myself and not Him. It's kind of like walking down the center of the road. Your on a line and you have to look straight ahead. Jesus is up ahead of you guiding your way. He's right in the middle of the line. As long as you keep your eyes on Him you'll make it. Don't look off to the right or the left even for a moment. There's nothing but lots of noise and possible wrecks on either side. If we just keep going down the middle, following Jesus, whatever He asks of us we can do. He will keep us through anything and everything. Sometimes He asks us to get out of our comfort zone to stretch us so we can have a fuller life in Him.


No matter what you do...do it for the Lord. Make Him your main focus. Let people see that He is the one you live for, not for yourself. The Message Bible says it this way...


John 3:30 (The Message)
This is the assigned moment for him to move into the center, while I slip off to the sidelines.

That's some of the things He's been speaking about to me. Could that be some of the barriers He wants to get rid of in my life? It's kind of a sobering thought but it may be. Am I ready? Right now that's the million dollar question!

No comments: