Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2 TIMOTHY 2:15

It's funny how GOD puts thoughts in my mind. I had been doing my Bible reading and had in fact just finished it. I was making notes when He just gave me this scripture.

2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I had read in Matthew 9:20-22 about the woman that had so much faith she knew that if she just "touched the hem of his cloak" she would be healed. Sure enough...Jesus told her, "Your faith has healed you."

I just thought how amazing that was. My next thoughts were...God will change me if I am willing to do my part. Have faith and believe what I read. Read and study His word and learn everything I can. Live for Him to the best of my ability. He wants to make Himself known to us. Then the first few words of that verse came to my mind. I didn't know it all, or where it was found, but I know how to use GOOGLE. Then He told me to post it in this blog.

My Bible says about this verse; Consistent and diligent study of God's word is vital; otherwise we will be lulled into neglecting God and our true purpose for living. To handle the word of truth correctly, we must study what the word of God says so we can understand what it means.

I have to be relentless on my journey to really know God. Keep talking to Him and reading His word. He has told me if I do this He will be with me. He will make Himself known to me in a real way.

Writing all of this in a blog for everyone to read is still very different for me. It's sharing my thoughts and the thoughts that God gives to me. But...it's good. God has told me I need to do this. It is all a growth exercise.

Proverbs 3:5-6 (New King James Version)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

No comments: