Thursday, August 27, 2009

MATTHEW 11:28-30

The road of life can be pretty rough and rugged at times. Lately you might find yourself thinking...If I can just get through what's happening right now everything will be good. Then before you know it, something else hits before you even get through the current situation. Maybe it seems that you are stuck in a cycle of your life that no matter what you do things just seem to be getting worse instead of better. Everybody goes through those times. If you live on this earth you won't be exempt. When things we don't understand start happening in our lives some of us tend to get anxious, tired, grumpy and at times...even angry. It seems like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Kind of like those old pictures you used to see in the Greek mythology books of Atlas. He always had a picture of the world sitting on his shoulders. He must have been one tired guy!

Well...there is a solution for this when it happens to you. You need to start talking to GOD and reading HIS word. From experience I can tell you that it doesn't always "seem" to start getting better as soon as you do that. In fact, when I let it go as far as the example above, nothing seems to be an easy fix for me. The thing is...you have to start somewhere to get back to where you need to be. If you're a Christian the best place to start is to at least try to read the WORD and talk to GOD. It might be hard at first but it will get easier again. Do whatever you need to do to get things back in order. Just make sure those things include GOD. Don't just rely on yourself.

There is a good scripture I found "again" when I read an e-mail.

Matthew 11:28-30 (New Living Translation)

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

We don't always have control over what happens to us but we do have control over how we handle tough times. I think that the biggest thing we need to remember is...who is in charge of those times if you are a Christian. Thankfully, it's not you and it's not me. GOD is in charge of our lives. Unlike Atlas...who carried the world on his shoulders...our LORD holds us in HIS HANDS.

No comments: