Saturday, August 15, 2009

JOHN 17:17

What a beautiful day. I took my dog for a walk this morning and looking around at all the beauty I couldn't help but think of God. He made all of this for us. The hills and mountains. The trees with all the birds in them singing. The beautiful blue sky and the sun coming up. Every blade of green grass...even all the bees and bugs crawling around in them. They all have a purpose, just like we do.

I have come to believe that we never find our real purpose in life until we find the Lord as our Savior and turn our lives completely over to Him. Sometimes that's a hard thing to do...letting go completely. We all like to have control of our destinies. But...I have been realizing lately that if I let go He makes a lot better choices for me than I do. I believe that my life would have a lot less conflict and anxiety in it if I just let go of it. What do they say...Let go and let God. That could be for everything in your life. He is the Master Planner and He has a great plan for all of us. Like I keep saying...More and More of HIM and Less and Less of me. I think for that to happen, and to find my real purpose, I need to commit to a better prayer life.

Of course there is also reading the Bible. To grow and mature you have to pursue Holiness...which is to become more like Christ. To become more like Him you have to read His Word and let Him speak to you through it. That builds your relationship with Him. Without a relationship with Him you can't become more like Him.

John 17:17 (New King James Version)

Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.


I read a quote recently by Nancy DeMoss that said; "Your progress in holiness will never exceed your relationship with the Word of God."


When we read the Word, and live by what it says, it has the power to transform our minds. When that starts to happen we allow God to work in and change us the way we need to be changed. This all leads to growth.

Proverbs 3:6 (King James Version)

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments: