Sunday, October 23, 2011

You Decide

Does fear ever seem to overtake you? When it does how do you handle it? React by shutting people out, maybe even God out? Sometimes we don't understand why life is the way it is. Maybe you just feel like you are alone. Oh yea...there are people all around you but you're still alone. Why is that? You have family...but it really doesn't feel like it. You have some friends...but they all have their own life. And your life, well...it just seems to go on. Maybe you're just hanging on at the end of your rope and...it's starting to fray. Have you been there in that never ending struggle of...do you keep pressing forward or...?

It seems to be some crazy battle you're in for your life at times doesn't it?

Fear...Peace  Sadness...Joy  Depression...Happiness  Dark...Light  Death...Life

What it comes down to is basically this... 

Forward...Backward  New Life...Old Life  Truth...Lies  God...satan 

Which one are we going to choose to listen to today?

Joshua 24:15a (NLT)

But if you refuse to serve the Lord, then choose today whom you will serve.

Think back to how your life was before.

Psalm 143:4-5 (NLT)

I am losing all hope;
      I am paralyzed with fear.
I remember the days of old.
      I ponder all your great works
      and think about what you have done.

Then really think about...ponder...all God has done for you in your new life. Do you really even want to think about going back?
It's really up to you.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a encouraging scripture..when we are single we think that if we married is going to be okey..but we realized that we have a lot of responsabilities with our family with God ..not always people has answers for what you think or feel..only jesus can really understand us..he nows our heart.we have this struggle with unbelievers and we try and try cause we love God and now were he take us out..are so many questions..we rather seek God more everyday he will give the answers..God bless you my sister

Desiray said...

I choose to serve the Lord! Before I accepted Christ I really thought I was living life, but what a lie the enemy had me believing and what a lie he has us all believing..Without Christ we aren't living, I am living such a wonderful bless life not to say I don't have obstacles and problems but now I can surely handle them better knowing that He is with me and in me..Praise GOD

Denise said...

Thankful that I made the right decision; all things...happy or sad...are seen with a different perception with Christ in my life. :) His grace overflows if only we trust and have faith.

Have a blessed Sunday!
Denise

Heart n Soul said...

Love that pic of the heart resting in the outstretched hands ... how I imagine ours must be with God :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - no matter how hard things become, I would rather go through them with the Lord than not have Him in my life. At my worst moments (so far) I've said to Him, I won't leave Him because this would be so much worse without Him. Great post Chelle.
God bless
Tracy

Never Forsaken said...

What a powerfully honest post Chelle! In answer to your question, yes I often feel like I'm caught in a tidal wave of sorts.
What anchors me though, is when I begin to call the devil a liar and deciever, and say (out loud if necessary) that I am made clean of all my sins through the blood of Jesus. I still struggle with mourning for the time wasted while I was caught up in the tidal wave..But someday we will have eternity, and time is very different in God's perspective!

~Keep fighting the GOOD fight~

Kandi said...

Chelle,

Awesome Chelle, I love this. I lived in the world for so long, buying what it had to sell, and then I found Jesus, I never want to go back, what the world has to offer can't even compare to life Jesus has given me.

Blessings to you.

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Soraya~I am so glad that Jesus does understand us...He knows our heart. That's a good word! Thank you.
Blessings...Chelle

Hi Desiray~You're right. Without Christ we aren't living!
Blessings...Chelle

Hi Denise~I'm thankful too!
Bless you...Chelle

Hi Heart and Soul~Always good to hear from you. God bless...Chelle

Hi Tracy~I'm with you. It is so much worse without Him. I did it long enough by myself. Don;t want to go there again!
Thank you for always encouraging me. God Bless...Chelle

Hi Lisa~Eternity...won't that be wonderful?!
Blessings to you...Chelle

Hi Kandi~I was there for way too long also. It holds nothing that I want anymore. Praise God!!
God bless you...Chelle

Unknown said...

I never want to return to where I was but must admit my heart is prone to wander. I love that song that says, "To label me a hypocrite would be only scratching the surface of whom I've been known to be." Indeed He is the only one to whom my wandering heart can cling.

Jennifer Dougan said...

Chelle,

Hi, nice to meet you. I found you via someone else's blog. Thanks for letting me stop by.I resonated with your title of the reformed rebel, and with your post here about not giving in to fear, or refraining from speaking out against injustices. I have just finished a three post series on easy tangible ways to fight human trafficking since it is such a big issue. I couldn't do nothing.... I agree.

Blessings. Thanks for letting me stop by.
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com