Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Relax and Rest

Psalm 55:16-17

16 But I will call on God,
      and the Lord will rescue me.
 17 Morning, noon, and night
      I cry out in my distress,
      and the Lord hears my voice.

When I read this tonight my thoughts were...

It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing the Lord is right there with us all the time. When things go wrong...when we're sick...lonely...afraid...have received bad news...whatever your going through at that moment...the Lord is always right beside you. All you have to do is just call out His name, loudly or in a whisper, and He will answer. I read in my Jesus calling devotional that all you have to do is just whisper the name...His name...Jesus. What happens when you do that is He comes in and calms you down. He takes away the fear...feels the lonely places in your heart...lets you know that everything will be okay...helps you to rest when your sick or in pain...He's just there for you through everything. Call on Him and He will be there.

I have trouble sleeping a lot of times so I do something that may seem kind of odd to you. There is always a Bible by my bed and when I can't sleep, or I'm just feeling restless for one reason or the other, I lay it on my chest, wrap my arms around it and talk to God. Most of the time before I know it I'm falling asleep. Now when I know things are bothering me, instead of waiting for two or three hours, I pick it up as soon as I lay down. It's amazing how much more sleep I get these days.

As I read on down through Psalm 55 I got to verse 22a.

22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
      and he will take care of you.
    
Sometimes there are things that go on in our lives that really we can't do anything about on our own. We can pray and have others pray but only God can change what's happening. Really, that's okay because He knows the best way to take care of the problem anyway. So if we just do what that verse says...He will take care of the problem and He will take care of you!  You can relax and rest in Him knowing that His ways are best. He will do what is best because He cares for you and what you're going through.

1 Peter 5:7

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - amen, excellent post. Lay our burdens at His feet and let Him take care of them.
God bless
Tracy

Anonymous said...

love this post thanks for sharing loves from holland...soraya

Kristin Bridgman said...

All I can say is, "Thank you Jesus, Thank you Jesus!"
(great post) :)

Unknown said...

"You can relax and rest in Him knowing that His ways are best. He will do what is best because He cares for you and what you're going through." Love this, Chelle! God is for me, so I can relax and rest in Him. Many blessings!

Desiray said...

I believe as we rest in the Lord, that the Lord want us to rest physically as well. We go so fast during the course of our day that we don't make time for ourselves and rest. This is why we find ourselves overwhelmed and tired we need to rest so we can be all that we can be for God and our families.

Debbie Dillon said...

"I lay it (the Bible) on my chest, wrap my arms around it and talk to God." I LOVE that! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I haven't been able to get around and visit much these days, as my "new project" is my new obsession :)
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful post - He IS always with us. Where would we be without Him? Have a great weekend! Many blessings :)
Debbie