Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lessons

Lessons...seems like I have to learn them all the time. This week has been no exception. In past posts I have mentioned that I really like music. Christian music mainly, but I still enjoy other types occasionally. When at work, I have my earbuds in listening to Christian music about half the time. It helps to keep me grounded and my thoughts on the Lord.

Last week that didn't happen. I was on the phone a lot so I just didn't have the opportunity. Then this week I wasn't feeling well so I didn't listen. By last night I was really sick and had to go to the doc. Today...I found myself home in bed. Besides being physically sick I was laying there feeling sorry for myself. But isn't GOD good!

This afternoon I turned the tv on and saw there was going to be a Jason Crabb special on. Jason is one of my favorite singers. You know...about 15 minutes into it I found myself worshiping the Lord. HE definitely started working inside of me and the dark heaviness I had been feeling just lifted! Praise GOD! I'm still sick...there was no miraculous healing of my body. But...my soul was refreshed.

That was the lesson for me to learn today. Praise and worship the Lord no matter what circumstance you find yourself in. He doesn't always make you well. He doesn't always change your circumstance. What He does do is...He always comes in and meets us right where we are. Sometimes, we just have to take the step towards Him. Reach out to Him.

God has been speaking to me a lot about worshiping...praising...and trusting Him no matter what is going on in my life. If I do that He will help me to deal with what's going on in my life. He will help you to. There's an old song I remember from when I was a kid.

Reach out and touch the Lord as He passes by. You'll find He's not to busy to hear your hearts cry. He's passing by this moment your needs to supply. Reach out and touch the Lord as He passes by.


Matthew 11:28

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 100

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
    Worship the Lord with gladness.
      Come before him, singing with joy.
 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
      He made us, and we are his.
      We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
      go into his courts with praise.
      Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
      His unfailing love continues forever,
      and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

7 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful posting! I like the old hymne from the time you're young.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - this is so true and something I am trying to instill in myself. God may not change the circumstance (yet) but in the circumstance praise and worship Him and He changes the inside of us. Hope you feel better soon.
God bless
Tracy

Just Be Real said...

I know how difficult it can be to worship and praise God when we JUST do not feel like it. Great post. Thank you for sharing dear one.

Desiray said...

It is hard to worship and pray when things aren't going well for us or when we feel out of sorts, but like Paul said it's all the more we need to worship when we worship in spite of how we feel we are telling our flesh to sit down...and our flesh need to be told to sit down...Rest assure God knows the heart and He will give you just what you need..,

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this psalm that just fills my heart with gladness and praise. Beautiful!

Kristin Bridgman said...

So true! When I was really down years ago, I would put on praise music and my spirits were always lifted. It's like the devil flees cause he can't stand to hear the praises.
Praying you feel much better tomorrow!

Denise said...

Hi Chelle, :)

I hope you are feeling much better this weekend! I am thankful He provided a blessing for you while you were feeling down and to hear the optimism in your voice; it's tough when our thoughts are on anything other than praise and gratitude. Trust and relaxing in His everlasting love has been in my thoughts and on my heart all week; I need to continue to learn to rely on Him in every situation! :)

Blessings and hugs friend,
Denise