Sunday, October 9, 2011

Luke 11:24-26

Sunday...the first day of a brand new week. What a day it has been so far. Our church service today was absolutely awesome! There was a guest speaker today and he was definitely all fired up. When I left for church this morning I wasn't sure what to expect but I sure wasn't expecting what I got. It all started with a great band playing for worship. It was loud but it was really good. Then the speaker...who is a youth speaker...got up and started talking. It was geared for men but he incorporated everyone into the message. It was so good I still haven't wrapped my head around it all...even after staying for both services! I will be getting a copy of the service when I go to church next week to listen to again...and again...and again! There is one thing that keeps playing over and over in my mind that I know God really wants me to get. He told this story and this is what I got from what he said...

Luke 11:24-26

24 “When an evil spirit leaves a person, it goes into the desert, searching for rest. But when it finds none, it says, ‘I will return to the person I came from.’ 25 So it returns and finds that its former home is all swept and in order. 26 Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before."

When God frees you from something...delivers you...then you ( I ) need to basically not take it for granted. God has done amazing...miraculous...things for me and I need to be more diligent. Satan is going to get in my mind and tell me lots of things. For one...how hard it is to sit and read the Word everyday. There are other things I could be doing. What I need to do is to be stubborn...like I am...and do it anyway. Spend time soaking in the Word and talking to God. Not just occasionally but...diligently. God has delivered me from things in my life that I don't ever want to go back to. However...as bad as they were...there are even worse things out there that satan could send my way. I don't want other things coming to my thoughts to take the place of what God has set me free from already! I want my mind to be filled with the things of God all the time.

We all need to be careful not to let "things" take the place of our personal devotion time. God speaks to us through His word. Sometimes He even speaks to us when we talk to Him. Whenever He speaks to me...and in whatever way He chooses...it always is so exciting.

I'm not sure if this post even makes much sense. My mind is just so full of good...GOD...things right now. The most important thing I have to say is...

God is an awesome God. He loves us all so much and only wants good things for us. He really just wants us to spend time with Him. When we do that He shows up. He comes in to our everyday life. Our good times as well as our bad times. He is with us all the time. We just know it more when we spend time with Him.

7 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Could not be said any better. When we do spend the time with God, He is there. He does show up. Amen.

Denise said...

So beautiful; I can just "hear" your heart rejoice, and feel your emotion! :) He is an awesome God and strengthens us through His love and grace.....love this Chelle! :)

Blessings and hugs my friend... :)
Denise

Unknown said...

It is just amazing that our awesome God just wants to spend time with us. That is the one thing, the only thing that matters. And He promises that when we seek to spend time with Him first, everything else will fall into place. How amazing is that? :)

Desiray said...

I love that verse and I am excited to hear what you wrote because just like you I use to have a hard time with that verse wondering what the Lord was saying. We do have to keep it clean once God delivers us from our past because those demons will come back and when they do it will be much harder for us..I remember when I first got saved I use to smoke and I knew it was a sin but I had a hard time stopping it. But when I got to the point I had to stop I asked the Lord if He will deliver me He has to replace it with something new and good other wise I will be so tempted to go back to it. and you know what He did just that He replaced that desire with something much better and it has been 20 some years and I have not desired a smoke since I got delivered...not many people understand that verse about those demons coming back but I for one and you know all to well how the enemy tries to speak to us..,You go in God sis and I know the Lord will replace the old and give you new wineskin like He gave me and so many others.

Carole in the UK said...

Chelle, Love this post as I know what it is like when you are overcome with such a wonderful service. When God is just pouring out His blessings throughout the whole service and you just want more and more of Him and do not want to leave the church.

Whuw! Whuw! Excuse me while I just stop to have a Praise break!!

I love when Desiray states "I asked the Lord if He will deliver me He has to replace it with something new".

That is the key - when someone is delivered from an evil spirt. Yes the evil spirit will attempt to return and will be successful if the place to which they return is swept and in order as the scripture states. However what is important is the spirit will be successful if the place is EMPTY!

That is why after deliverance we should keep ourselves FULL of the Word and use it effectively.

Rich blessings to you,
<><

Unknown said...

Love, love hearing how fired up you are from church. Now THAT is a worship service!

Reformed rebel said...

I just want to say thanks to all of you for your comments. It means a lot to me that you drop in over here.
Blessings to you all...Chelle