Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

It's official, 2011 is in the books and 2012 is here just waiting for us to jump in. Whether we are ready or not we really don't have a choice. God has a plan for each of our lives and that plan will take place. We might not like it, but we know that whatever it is, it is the best plan for us.

I want to be...need to be...ready for whatever He has planned for me. How about you? Do you want to be ready for His plan? There will be things take place in my life that I'm going to like and there will be things that I'm not going to like. Some things will probably be easy and others I probably will fight all the way to the end. Regardless of the good, or the bad, I know this one thing for sure...The Lord will be with me every step, of everyday, through everything.

There is one thing that He keeps speaking to me the last couple of weeks...Draw close to ME. Closer than you ever have before. So, that is my goal for the New Year. I think if I can do that my faith will grow and I will be able to accept whatever His plan is for my life.

Tonight what I am thinking is this...

We need to...Be still and know that HE is GOD. No matter what, He won't leave you or I. He will be right beside us through it all. People are going to need my love and your love...my prayers and your prayers...my support and your support. We need to be there for them in whatever way they need us. We need to be the hands of Jesus...have the mind of Jesus...be His feet...and most of all...have His Heart! Love others like you never have before...give them a piece of you! About that, let me say this...

Comfort zone...you may have to step out of it. When you do that remember this. When you step out of your comfort zone you are stepping directly into the Lords will for your life. Let me break this down for you...

Out of your comfort zone...Into His will for your life. 

What better place is there to be than that? 

 

Jeremiah 29:11 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.


James 4:8a

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Matthew 11:30 

For My yoke is easy and my burden light.

3 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Thank you Chelle.

I am afraid to go out my comfort zone. But if I put my hand in God's hands...like Enoch - walk with God day by day - it will be good. It will succeed ...

I wish you a Happy New Year.

Denise said...

Praise the New Year 2012 and all that He has planned for us this coming year! Just like you said Chelle, we have to jump in and follow His perfect will; He always takes us down the right path.

Joyful blessings to you (and Bear!) on this New Year's day. :)

Denise

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - I so agree with you, draw near to God and He will draw near to you. How can you go wrong there. And the whole comfort zone thing, amen, so true. Scary but rewarding. Great post Chelle, happy new year and God bless
Tracy