Sunday, January 8, 2012

Battle Of Fear

1 Peter 5:8

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

All day, everyday, satan would like nothing better than to take you out. If he can't do that he wants to, at the very least, ruin your day. When satan attacks we need to fight back with everything we've got in us. We can't let him win. The best thing is to tell him...in the name of Jesus...to get away from you. Put him under your foot and "grind" him into the ground! Sometimes I fail at this. Today was one of those times. 

Sometimes when I get to church I just want to turn around and leave. This incredible fear comes over me and it's hard to even breathe. That happened today as soon as I pulled in the parking lot. When I got inside I just wanted to run out but at the same time...I knew I had to stay. Giving in to fear is like letting the "darkness" overtake you. Once you do that he, the "darkness", will just keep coming back over and over again until he eventually wins. I don't want that to happen ever again in my life. The "light of Jesus" is all I ever want to take root in my life. So, I sat there squirming around like a kid. It's crazy but whenever this happens I retreat into myself just like before I was a Christian. Then, as soon as service was over...I could breathe normally. I had already decided I was staying for the second service because satan was not going to win this battle. For me, that was the...putting him under my foot and "grinding" him into the ground!! The fear that had pretty much enveloped me started leaving. By the time worship started I knew if I would just praise and worship the Lord everything would be okay. So, we had praise and worship and it started getting brighter...then prayer and I felt almost normal...then by the sermon...the "light" was shining again! 

The whole point of telling you this is to say...

When satan attacks...and you know he will...don't give in. Fight back even if you think you aren't going to make it. The Lord will see you through because He doesn't want you to loose. He is on your side all the way.

My battle today was a battle I have had many times. Satan knows that in the past he has controlled me with fear. In fact for my whole life that is how he did it. But for me...I have determined that satan will not control me with that any longer. Oh yes...he's going to try, but he's not going to win. What is satan trying to control you with today? Whatever it is...fight back! Do what "you know" you have to do to beat satan at his own game. The Lord is so much stronger than he is. Satan is a liar. Jesus is your protector...defender...strength...shield...strong tower. He is mighty...powerful...and loving!

JESUS loves you so much. Let Him help you fight today! With JESUS you can win!


5 comments:

Pam Williams said...

"You are of God . . . and have overcome. . . for greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7
So many comforting, delivering Scriptures, Chelle, that undergird your victory this morning. Praise to God!
Blessings!
Pam at 2 Encourage

Aritha V. said...

I have especially in the morning church service burden of the feelings looks like yours. I link it to my fast start, not for sitting daylichtlamp etc. In the church's evening I have never these feelings/things.

I wish you much strength to the Allmighty God. He will put his hand to the little ones ... Fear not, He boughts you.

Denise said...

Hi Chelle,

It is so comforting to know that we can be strong and courageous, and not fear, for our God goes with us; He will never leave or forsake us! :)

Blessings and hugs!
Denise

Desiray said...

Chelle you have the power and authority to command the enemy to leave you alone. Remember love cast out fear and fear comes from the enemy he can't do nothing unless we give him the permission. Today I tell you to stop giving him permission over what you do and say, rebuke him in the Mighty name of Jesus and be set free from that bondage he is wanting to place on you. For God did not give you the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind.

I am praying for you sis, now walk in your victory for the battle does not belong to you...AMEN

Reformed rebel said...

Hi Pam ~ so good to hear from you. Thank you for the encouragement.
Blessings...Chelle

Hi Jedidja ~ Always love hearing from you. Thank you. Blessings...Chelle

Hi Denise ~ I am so grateful for the fact that He never leaves us!
blessings...Chelle

Hi Desiray ~ Thanks for the encouraging words and the prayer. I can always use more of both.
Blessings...Chelle