Sunday, February 27, 2011

Strong Enough

Do you ever have those times when things just aren't quite right with you? There is stuff going on in your life and you just can't seem to get on top of the situation! It happens to me as I'm sure it does to most everyone else. It might be just everyday life problems...an illness...job issues...family...habits...addictions. Whatever the issue is...it's dragging you down and you can't seem to win! You might think and even say...

GOD, I'm just not strong enough! A few days back I was saying that. I was thinking about throwing in the proverbial towel and checking in on some of my old habits. Instead I chose to write about it...Darkness Rises...what a title. I actually even posted it! Sometime...hours later...I got my brain back and took the post off my blog. I really hoped that no one had read it because in a way I felt as if I was giving the devil kudos. At the very least he was getting credit for getting into my head once again! The LORD is the only One I ever want to give glory...honor...and praise too!!

Good did come out of this and lessons were learned. Sometimes things can be so big that you alone are not strong enough. You can try to deal with it on your own or you can have friends pray with and for you. That is a good thing to do. I like this passage in The Message Bible...

Matthew 18:18-20
"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."

Well, guess what? I didn't do that because I was thinking of it as failure. In reality, sharing and praying together is good because when God answers your prayer you both are blessed by it. I think it helps to build faith for everyone involved. And too, if someone else is praying with you it doesn't seem like you are alone in the situation...you "can be" strong enough! The other thing I learned in this was that God is faithful! I talked to God...wavered back and forth a bit...and He helped me and saw me through it!

There is a song I heard on the radio today called...Hold Me Jesus. If you don't know it you should listen to it. It's a Rich Mullins song. I'm partial to the Big Daddy Weave version. I am posting it on my blog if you want to hear it. Here are the lyrics...

Well, sometimes my life
Just don't make sense at all
When the mountains look so big
And my faith just seems so small

CHORUS:
So hold me Jesus, 'cause I'm shaking like a leaf
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace

And I wake up in the night and feel the dark
It's so hot inside my soul
I swear there must be blisters on my heart

CHORUS
Surrender don't come natural to me
I'd rather fight You for something
I don't really want
Than to take what You give that I need
And I've beat my head against so many walls
Now I'm falling down, I'm falling on my knees

And this Salvation Army band
Is playing this hymn
And Your grace rings out so deep
It makes my resistance seem so thin

CHORUS
You have been King of my glory
Won't You be my Prince of Peace


Rich Mullins

Now I should write a post called...Darkness...Snuffed Out!

No comments: