Sunday, February 6, 2011

Because He Lives

There's an old song I was listening to called Because He Lives. I remember hearing this many times as I was growing up. It never meant anything to me because I wasn't a Christian, but now...all I can say is...Because HE lives I really can face tomorrow!! There were so many times in my life when I didn't care if another day came for me or not! In fact, more than once I thought about not seeing another day...but now...as the song says...

Life is worth the living just because HE Lives!!

Sometimes it seems like no matter what we do life just keeps getting worse. Nothing is right. We are lonely, maybe even depressed, and in fact just plain miserable! So instead of turning to the ONE that can help us we turn to other things...temporary fixes. Then we start putting up walls to protect ourselves...keep all the hurtful things away from us. The problem is, those walls also keep out Who can help us. The longer you keep running from God, refusing to totally surrender to Him, the more walls you put up. After a while you have built a fortress around yourself. The longer you leave it there...the more miserable you become! I know this because...that's part of my story. I was the master wall builder...mine had barbed wire around the tops...and I thought it was impenetrable! But...there was One factor that I didn't factor in...But GOD!! He may not knock down your walls because you do have "free will". But, the Holy Spirit will continue to work even when you aren't aware it is Him!

So...after a whole lifetime of knowing about Christ, but not really knowing Him...

One day I had to find out what was on the other side of that fortress. I had to find out if God really cared or not! I was almost positive He didn't but something, or someone...the Holy Spirit...kept after me too just really make sure. I found out that He really does care!! He cares so much that He doesn't just bulldoze your fortress down. He works with you...as you allow Him...to tear it down one brick at a time if that's how you want to do it. For me some of the walls are gone but others, well...I still retreat behind them sometimes. It's okay. God knows we are human and waits for us to come back out so He can help us.

As you can tell from reading my posts...God and I still have lots of work to do!! But, I can tell you this...

No matter what is happening right now, or how bad you think things are, if you will just turn your life completely over to the Lord, totally surrender...JESUS CHRIST can make a real difference for you!! I can't tell you that everything will change instantly...it might and it might not...because life is hard and many times unfair...But God!!

At least give Him a chance. You might be surprised at what He can do for you and how much your life will change...I was!!

Just talk to Him. Tell Him how you feel and ask Him to really come into your life...totally surrender to Him!! Take one more chance!

Joel 2:32 (New Living Translation)

32 But everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
      will be saved,

Psalm 91:15 (New Living Translation)

 15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.


Psalm 50:15 (New Living Translation)

15 Then call on me when you are in trouble,
      and I will rescue you,
      and you will give me glory.”


Isaiah 55:3 (New Living Translation)

3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
      Listen, and you will find life.
   I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
      I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.

No comments: