Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Than Serious

The Lord is continually reminding me this year of something I believe He said to me. GOD doesn't want me to stay this year where I ended last year. You will probably see this mentioned in a few posts this year because truthfully...that's how this blog works. If I can't get away from the thought...I just write it out! Right now there are many thoughts swirling around in my head and I'm not sure how to start, so...

Thinking back on Monday and Tuesday I knew that I needed to get more than serious with GOD. I'm thinking that He uses the things that we go through as stepping stones to launch us into a deeper relationship with HIM. At least for me I believe that's how it is. In my life He uses those times to really make me think about everything He has done for me and where I could have been if not for Him. He also uses these times to make me think about where I am going with Him. It seems that He always brings about change in me...to some degree...when it is all said and done. This time even more so. I don't know that I have ever used this term before but I think being broken before God is how I would describe how I felt. Even though I didn't actually act on the temptation...I really considered it! I believe that we all have turning points in our lives. This one seemed to be one for me. What's kind of funny about it is this...

I think about things...a lot. This morning...in my daily talk with GOD in the car...it really hit me. This is serious stuff and I really need to work on our relationship. I really don't want to stay where I was anymore than He wants me to! You know, I have noticed that He picks the oddest times to really work on me. Thankfully there is not a lot of people out yet when I go to work! So I came home and read some in my Bible. Then tonight I read some more. I was flipping through, reading some of the things I had highlighted, and found a reference to Colossians...so I turned there.

Colossians 2:6-7
6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7 Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.

Colossians 3:1-4
1 Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

My study Bible says this...Jesus guides us through His Spirit, and He is our source of power and comfort. Don't try living a single day without Him. Continually keep your mind and heart oriented toward God's kingdom and not this world.

1 comment:

Denise said...

That's awesome Chelle; I just began reading "Radical" this week and it's seriously an eye-opener! :)