Tuesday, February 8, 2011

John 1:5

You wake up in the morning
to just another day
Then before you know it
a storms brewing...it's on it's way!

Soon Turmoil swarms around you
Chaos looms...Beware!
You wonder where your headed
OH please GOD...not Despair!

Then you see it coming
Darkness beats down in your soul
Why...OH why do you let it
you need the LIGHT to take control!

It only takes a moment
for Fear to settle in
Then comes Doubt and Confusion
OH why did I listen...again!

You would think I'd learn my lesson
it's happened time and time again
It starts with just a thought
and then...Oh NO!...condemned!

Darkness tries to tell you
"You failed...yet once again!
When will you ever learn
I've got you...just give in!"

You try not to believe it
but Alas!...he convinces you
So you think you'll just give up
no need to try...you're through!

Then you start to thinking
"I've been this way before!
Way too many times
I've let Darkness through the door!"

I need to find the LIGHT
the ONE that illuminates my soul!
"Please...shine on me now
Come in please...take control!"

That was all HE needed
just an invitation to come in
Do you see the LIGHT
HE is your welcome friend!

You should always keep HIM close
HE will brighten up your day
The darkness HE will scatter
LIGHT is just...a prayer away!


John 1:5
5 The light shines in the darkness,
      and the darkness can never extinguish it.


Just like this poem says...sometimes we wake up thinking it's going to be just a normal day and before we know it..."whack"...it's as if someone smacked us!! That's actually how my last two days have both been. Now...when that happens to us we have two choices. We can either start really talking to God and let Him take over or...we can let the devil have his way with us. I'm gonna let you in on what probably is not a big secret...the poem kind of gives it away...I didn't let God take over! All that I described in the poem really has been my last two days! The blog I posted last night was one of those that was for me just as much as it was for anyone else that might have needed it. The last thing I did last night was read the scriptures and post them. So...I was doing good when I went to bed. But...I didn't sleep well, turned my alarm off and got up late! What a way to start. Then...nothing at work had changed...another stressful day! So...I found myself going down that same path! Yesterday it was turmoil, chaos and despair...today...fear, doubt and confusion! You know why...


Satan knows the things that get too you. He uses the same things all the time...he just mixes them up a bit. He puts thoughts in your mind...memories of how you used too handle stressful situations. You start thinking about those things and remember that you really did like some of those things you used to do. So...the more you think about them. You know, thoughts like...what can it hurt. No one but you will know and...other Christians do it everyday. Then after thinking on those things a while, something happened...it was as if my soul became alive again! I knew there was no way I would let darkness win in this way again! Darkness was not coming back through that door! I would not!!...Give in!! All I had to do was let Jesus...the LIGHT...take control once again!! He really is just a prayer away and He really does scatter the darkness!!

There is a passage in Psalm 51 that is good to pray everyday.

Psalm 51:10-12
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
      Renew a loyal spirit within me.
 11 Do not banish me from your presence,
      and don’t take your Holy Spirit from me.
 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
      and make me willing to obey you.


I like this because everyday we all need the LORD to give us a clean heart. We mess up. We think things, say things, do things that are wrong! We need HIM to renew and restore us constantly! We all go through stressful situations in life. We all have temptations that wear us down. Darkness is always right in your face trying to beat you down...body, soul and spirit. But...The LIGHT...JESUS...HE's right there ready to build you back up and make you new again.

No comments: