Friday, February 11, 2011

LIGHT or dark...you choose

Ever notice that sometimes your day just doesn't go the way you have it planned? Happens a lot for all of us I'm sure. I had my day all planned...work four hours...doc appointment...stop at a store...go home and read a book...drink coffee!! I absolutely love coffee...just a little side note. LOL Anyway...the first three items went as scheduled. Then it all went downhill...for a while...

I had a two hour phone conversation that I wasn't expecting. Now...I will tell you this. I love the person I was talking to but it was a pretty one sided conversation. Not one sided just because I didn't get to talk but also because we hold different views on life. Sometimes even though you want to tell your views on things you just have to not say anything because it will cause problems. Because of the news I received, and the content of the conversation, I found myself feeling more and more distressed as time passed. Eventually I was able to end the conversation and go home. My point in telling you this small part of my day is this...

The devil is always doing his best to mess with you and people you love. Sometimes he gets a hold of people and they allow him to become their master. There is a big price to pay when you follow satan instead of God. But...that's a whole other post. What is important for this post is this...

When I got home I did what needed to be done and then sat down. I thought about the conversation and didn't know what to do about any of it. I knew I should read my Bible but just couldn't. I picked up a book I had gotten earlier today and started flipping through just reading parts here and there. This is what I read...

Psalm 16:5-8 (Message Bible)

 5-6 My choice is you, God, first and only.
      And now I find I'm your choice!
   You set me up with a house and yard.
      And then you made me your heir!

 7-8 The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake
      is confirmed by my sleeping heart.
   Day and night I'll stick with God;
      I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.

You see...GOD is my choice! Just like the person I talked today...He was not always my choice either. HE is my conscience choice. No one told me I had too choose Him and no one told Him he had too choose me! Once I made that choice He has been beside me in everything. He takes care of me and gives me everything I need. So yes!! I will stick with GOD because HE is the best thing going anywhere!! So...

I was feeling better about the day and decided to look at my e-mail. There was one from Gaither Homecoming which I usually don't pay any attention to...I opened it anyway. They had a place where you could watch the new Alaskan video they made. I clicked on it and what a difference it made in my attitude. The first song is...Bless The LORD oh my soul and all that is within me, Bless HIS Holy Name!!! Wow...what a difference just hearing songs about the LORD, and then beginning to worship HIM, can make in your day...let alone your life!! All of a sudden I was feeling good again. GOD can change your whole attitude when you begin to worship HIM and just realize that HE is the answer for you. HE is the answer for everyone. Unfortunately, until you turn your life over to HIM you just don't realize that.

There are so many people that have major life problems because they have let satan have total control of their lives. That control starts with something that you think is innocent. Just a thought or maybe something that you think could be fun to try...something exciting! After all...life can get boring and you need to jazz it up a bit! Don't listen to the lies! They can end up devastating your life and others around you.

Choose the LORD. Life with Him is not boring. You never know what you might be doing next. Usually it's something you really didn't expect to be doing. Whatever it is...it will be right for you. Don't continue to walk in darkness. Turn to the LIGHT and walk with HIM.

1 John 1:5-7

5 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. 6 So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. 7 But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.


Search your soul today. If you aren't walking in the LIGHT...you are living with the darkness. Don't let dark take root in you!!


No comments: