Monday, September 13, 2010

WAR ZONE

Today, while sitting outside, a couple of military jets called "Warthogs" flew over. They were so high you could hardly see them but you knew they were there. The roar was unmistakable. Imagine what it must be like when you live somewhere that is in or near a combat zone. The noise of the jets alone would be deafening at times. You would probably really be thankful for any quiet time you might get. Even pray for the day that life would return to normal. I can't even imagine what it would be like. But I do know what it's like to live in a war zone of good and evil...GOD and satan. Or in this case...me and the devil...

As soon as I heard the noise today, and saw what they were, it flashed in my mind of how we live in a war zone everyday. As Christians satan attacks us all the time. His usual style of attack for most of us is in our minds.

With me he brings up a lot the old things that used to plague me. Fear...doubt...bad attitude...feelings of inadequacy...thinking that I am just not good enough, that I am only good at being bad and bad at being good and lots of other lies. The worst part of all of this is that at times, I believe him. As it was said to me..."we let him get a toe hold and then a foot hold" and then he just keeps on going until we are down so low we can't always fight back on our own. I had to get help and talk it out with someone I could trust. If that's what you have to do, do it! Don't let the devil get you so afraid you can't ask for help. You have to do whatever it takes to get through all of the mess that's in your mind, and get a hold of GOD!! Sometimes you can't get there on your own because you have listened to the devil a whole lot longer that you should have.

I found out a big thing about myself in all of this...I am not spiritually mature in a lot of areas. I have a whole lot more growing to do. One thing that I need to learn to do all of the time is to "Praise HIM" through every storm in my life. I am always going to have them and so will you. We just can't let satan get that first toe hold. Trust in GOD to see you through. I like these verses...

Deuteronomy 31:6



So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

Deuteronomy 31:8

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

If you see yourself in what I have just said...do something now. Talk to GOD, read HIS WORD or find a Christian friend and ask for help. If they are truly a person of GOD, and a real friend, they will be able to help you.

No comments: