Sunday, September 26, 2010

THE CHALLENGE

What inspires you? I have been thinking about that lately because at times I don't feel that my life is what it should be. Yes...I am a Christian, but...am I doing what GOD has asked of me to the best of my ability? Probably not. In fact...I know I'm not. I'm not using this blog as a confession for myself. I'm using it to get me to think about my calling and also to get you to think about your own calling. What I have been called to do is not anything that I ever expected. Writing this blog and giving away Bibles and books. A different kind of calling than most people. I think it works for me because...as much as I would like to be able to get up and tell a few hundred people how GOD changed my life, HE didn't give me a new personality. I'm still working on that one! So what is it that inspires me...

Sometimes we get away from doing things that are good for us. Things happen in our lives, people happen in our lives, circumstances change...it all presents a challenge. What we have to do is overcome the challenges and do what it takes to continue in the "ministry" that GOD has given us to do. That said...I have figured out what always inspired me. Listening to good preaching and teaching, like Paula White, always would get me thinking about things. Talking to Christian friends about GOD and the Bible would get me excited about being a Christian and challenge me. Asking questions about things I didn't understand and trying to work out the answers. Reading the Bible, Christian books and devotions. And finally...just being open and listening for GOD to speak to me. GOD speaking to me is by far the best one. But, GOD uses all these other ways to speak to me also. The bottom line is this...

Sometimes we let the cares of this life get in the way of doing what we know we need to do. We get sidetracked, we lose our focus, sometimes we just step back and watch life go by for awhile. That's when we need to get ourselves up and get back in the race. Don't let satan get any type of edge on you. Jump back in with both feet and start doing the things that GOD wants you to do.

For me I know that I need to continue sharing what GOD has done and is doing in my life. I need to keep speaking out for GOD. It's for this reason that I believe GOD has given me this to write...kind of a challenge. The question now is...will I meet the challenge or will I let it defeat me? If you read this blog...you will probably find out.

Psalm 107:1-2 (New Living Translation)
1
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
      His faithful love endures forever.
 2 Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out!
      Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies.

No comments: