Saturday, September 25, 2010

JESUS: The Only Way To Peace

What a crazy few days I have had. Nothing to big, just lots of irritations. Wednesday I got my e-mail hacked and had to spend time making sure I didn't have anything I don't want on my computer, or could give to someone else's computer. Then, I had to change all my passwords, to all my accounts, and today set up a new e-mail account. What a hassle all of that was. Then today I did something that I have never done before. I locked myself out of the house. Even my cell was in the house so I couldn't just call someone...because I don't just "know" the numbers to other people's cell phones. All I do is push a button and it dials! Technology is good and bad. So, when it first happened I just experienced disbelief. After a minute or two I got a little irritated, then decided that wouldn't help. Finally, I came up with a plan and was in the house shortly there after. I am telling you all of this just to say...in the past I wouldn't have gotten over those things so easily. I would have known some major irritation and then shortly anger. Eventually, those minor episodes would have totally ruined my day and my week. What is the difference between how I reacted this week and how I would have reacted in the past? There is one easy answer...JESUS.

I just put up a post about something I read...I trust YOU JESUS. I did have to do that. Even though these things are relatively minor they can still cause problems. So...I said a prayer, trusted HE would give me a solution, and HE did! Even though the LORD is with us, if we are Christians, we can still make bad choices to solve our problems. We can react in ways that just make us feel worse or we can stay calm and ask JESUS for help and trust that HE will do it. Sometimes, when things don't happen the way we want them too, we do things to make ourselves feel better. Then afterward wish we would have just trusted HIM to get us through or help us to feel better about our lives. After thinking about how we as Christians react, and are affected by life, I started thinking about how hard it must be for those that don't have hope with the LORD. What about you...?

Do you ever think about what people without the LORD do when things go wrong in their lives? Or maybe you can remember how it was for you before you accepted CHRIST. For me it wasn't all that long ago so I can remember easily what it was like. Now, I have family and friends that don't know HIM and they have a hard time coping with just little issues in their lives. When big things happen some of them come completely undone...they really lose it.  Some to the point of wanting to take their own lives. That's going on with some in my life right now. Only GOD can change those kinds of situations. HE can bring peace to troubled minds and turn things around for HIS glory. From my own experience, I know that JESUS can completely change your life if you allow HIM to. So as Christians, we need to pray for our family and friends and trust that they turn to HIM. We need to commit to that daily. JESUS is their only hope to salvation and peace.

Here are some verses on peace.

Psalms 29:11
The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.


John 14:27   
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.


Romans 15:13
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.


Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you his peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.


Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

If you want the people in your life, Christians and non Christians, to know this peace...pray for them. JESUS is the only way to true peace.

No comments: