Saturday, July 4, 2009

THE WAY OUT

Most of the poems I write come out of my personal experiences. The Lord gave me the poem "PAIN" because sometimes we forget that we need to call on HIM when things aren't going well for us. We could be having problems in our personal life or just letting family and friends problems get to us. What ever the case is, we need to remember that HE has it all under HIS control. Jesus is always there for us and is just waiting for us to bring our cares to HIM.

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


When you don't take all your cares to the LORD you are just cheating yourself. You are missing out on everything that HE longs to do for you. JESUS wants to come in and take away every bit of pain that you are feeling.

There have been times in my life, when I have sunk so far down, that I didn't think I would make it. Like the poem says, my thoughts were dark and all scrambled. Before giving my life to Christ it was hard to find my way back out. To be honest, there have been times since then that I have found myself starting to go down that same dark path again. But...once you know HIM you "know" that you have a way out. If JESUS lives in you HE will always be there. You know beyond the shadow of any doubt, that as soon as you ask HIM, HE will come and help you to find your way back to the light. What you have to remember is...when things in your life start to go bad, call on the name of JESUS. Pray and ask for HIS help. Don't let yourself go so far that you feel helpless.

JESUS loves us more than we can ever imagine. He wants to give us rest and peace. No one else in your life can do that for you. Pray and read HIS word as often as you can. There's an old song that says...We've got a great big wonderful GOD...and we do. He's big enough to take care of everyone of our problems if we just ask HIM to. HE can take care of your's and HE can take care of mine, all at the same time. Let HIM. Get as close to HIM as you can. There is a great verse that says...

James 4:8 (New Living Translation)8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.


If you do what that verse says, and live for GOD and not for yourself, HE will help you in all of your struggles.

No comments: