Saturday, July 18, 2009

PASSION FOR GOD

I was at work Friday morning, having coffee, listening to music, and actually keying reports into my computer, when all of a sudden I have the thought that...God needs to be the priority in all Christians lives and that's not how it always is. My next thought was...Where did that come from? It only took me a second to realize that I was supposed to write about that. So, here I am at work and I'm jotting down thoughts as I get them. This happens off and on all day and I know I need to remember them for later. When these "thoughts from GOD" start, that's what I call them, it usually catches me a bit off guard. I finished my day at work, went home, sat down to write and nothing made sense to me. I looked at my notes and couldn't put it together...my mind was blank. I'm thinking that I was wrong and I wasn't supposed to write about that. Then around 11pm Friday night I turned the t.v. on and it started happening again. The difference was, my computer was close so I started typing in sentences as they came to me.I'm sure your just on the edge of your seat waiting to read it so...

Before I started writing this blog, maybe a year ago, I would get this strange feeling inside and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was kind of like when you know something exciting is about to happen but you don't know exactly when. Or, when you are on a big roller coaster making your way to the top of the rail, your car is almost there and everyone in front of you is starting to scream and yell as they go down the other side. Then as you crest the top and your car starts down you get that immense adrenaline rush. That's what you ride the roller coasters for. The RUSH!!! That is what I was equating the feeling to that I was having all the time. When the feeling wasn't there I missed it. It was like something was wrong. I would pray and ask GOD to let me feel it again. When I finally figured out what it was I knew why I missed it...it was a Passion for GOD. A passion to do the things that I was put here to do. Not just get up and go to work everyday and lead a normal "HO HUM" life. No, get up everyday and lead a life that is pleasing to GOD. A life that is filled with not just a little "Pollyanna passion" for GOD, but one that is filled with a "Gut Wrenching" passion for GOD. If we have that kind of passion for HIM, we will make the most of every opportunity we have to tell people about JESUS. We will even try to make those opportunities happen. What really matters in life is...you love the LORD, serve HIM, love others, and if they don't know Jesus help them to find HIM. We are also supposed to help other Christians to stay strong and live for GOD. Encourage each other so that none fall away. Life is hard and everyone needs each other.

The LORD is always working in us, changing us to be who HE wants us to be. At times we get so comfortable in what we are doing that HE shakes us up a bit. HE might want us to change things. If we aren't staying close to HIM, and making HIM the LORD of our lives, we might not know HE wants us to change and do things differently. We think we are defined by what we do...that's not it. As Christians we are defined by what GOD does through us. We have to always be listening for HIS voice. When it comes down to it...it's just you and the FATHER! HE wants to be the priority in our lives. HE wants to be first. Don't make HIM have to get your attention. You probably won't like it.

If you don't have a passion for GOD, and the things of GOD, you need to pray that HE will give you that passion. The "Gut Wrenching" kind. Then...Get out there and talk to people. Your friends, neighbors, co-workers...anyone that will listen. It's not always as hard as you think it will be. The HOLY SPIRIT will give you the right things to say at the right time. However, it is important that you read and study GOD's word and talk to HIM a lot. Then you will know when HE speaks to you and it will be easier to know what HE wants you to do.

I don't always get all of this right. There are times when I'm not real good at listening and then following through with what HE tells me. I'm not a writer and probably wouldn't ever be able to write anything worth reading. When I try to write something on my own the screen stays blank. It's only with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT, and what HE speaks to me, that I write anything at all. All I know is...I'm to share this with you.

Once we became a Christian we were made new. We are brand new people with a new life. God offers that same newness to everyone. But, someone has to tell them about it. Someone has to show them HIS love so they will want to have new life. That someone is everyone of us. GOD offered HIS salvation to us and to all people everywhere.

2 Timothy 2:2 (New Living Translation)

2 You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.


Acts 1:8 (New Living Translation)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”


Hebrews 13:6 (New Living Translation)

6 So we can say with confidence,

“The Lord is my helper,
so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?”

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New International Version)

17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!


Acts 26:22-23 (New Living Translation)

22 But God has protected me right up to this present time so I can testify to everyone, from the least to the greatest. I teach nothing except what the prophets and Moses said would happen—23 that the Messiah would suffer and be the first to rise from the dead, and in this way announce God’s light to Jews and Gentiles alike.”


Matthew 5:6 (New International Version)

6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,for they will be filled.


Acts 17:10-12 (New Living Translation)

10 That very night the believers sent Paul and Silas to Berea. When they arrived there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth. 12 As a result, many Jews believed, as did many of the prominent Greek women and men.
Hebrews 3:12-14 (New International Version)

12See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. 13But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. 14We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.


1 Thessalonians 5:17 (New Living Translation)

17 Never stop praying.


Ephesians 6:18 (New Living Translation)

18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.a]">[a]



No comments: