Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A RE-CREATED REFORMED REBEL

2 Corinthians 5:17 (New Living Translation)

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

In my study Bible one of the things it says about this verse is....Christians are brand-new people on the inside. The Holy Spirit gives them new life, and they are not the same anymore. We are not reformed, rehabilitated, or reeducated-we are re-created (new creations), living in vital union with Christ. At conversion we are not merely turning over a new leaf, we are beginning a new life under a new Master.
As printed in the Life Application Study Bible NIV

I have been reading in 1 & 2 Corinthians a lot recently. When I read this last night I really noticed what was written about the verse. We are not the same anymore. We are not "reformed" but re-created. I have always considered myself reformed mainly because I was always known as a rebel by all my friends. I think I like the definition, re-created, much better. What I finally got out of that when reading it this time is...I am a new creation. I have not just had a makeover, GOD has totally changed who I am. That is exciting! That's what HE does for everyone who comes to HIM and asks JESUS into their hearts. There is still a lot HE needs to work on in me, and a lot I need to do, but there is no going back. Since becoming a Christian my life has taken a lot of twists and turns. Some were easy and still others were hard. Life as a Christian is sometimes still a challenge for me. Sometimes I find myself "still" being tempted by things of my past. When that happens it really rocks me. What I have learned from that happening is...satan wants to do all he can to keep Christians from serving GOD and telling others about HIS grace and mercy. He is trying to make you fail. For me it just proves, all the more, how much JESUS loves me...and how much I love and want to serve HIM. Yes, it's true that when it happens it always surprises me and messes me up for a couple of days. The good thing is, when it's over I am stronger than before. So...with all of that said I am making some changes.

My blog will be changing. For a few weeks now I have felt that what I have been writing about was going to come to an end. This will be my last entry as a "Reformed Rebel". As a "Reformed Rebel" I mainly wrote about my past life and all the things that made me what I used to be. It has been a real growing experience for me. Talking is hard for me and talking about myself is one of the harder things I have had to learn to do. At the same time it has been healing in many ways. I believe that was one of the purposes for the blog.

I'm not completely sure what I will be writing about now. I know the basics won't change because my life now is about serving GOD. The only thing HE has really spoken to me is that I need to focus more on "HIM" and what HE is doing. There may still be references to my old life but as far as I know right now, no more past life stories. I think it may be more of what's happening now and how HE is working...more of a day to day thing. HE has been allowing me to write poems recently and I think that will continue. It will still be called...Chelles Blog...Rebel for GOD, because I still will be. You will still use the same address to get to it. The difference is that my focus will change and I will not think of myself as reformed anymore. I will think of myself as "re-created"...a new person in CHRIST.

My prayer is that in some way GOD was able to speak to you by something that you read.

So...until I start again, thanks for reading. Check back soon...When the LORD gives me something new to write it will be posted.

GOD bless all of you!!!

No comments: