Wednesday, July 29, 2009

JAMES 1:2-4

I turned on the T.V. for a few minutes this evening and almost immediately this thought was running through my head. "God is going to knock down the barriers." I don't know when and I don't know how...but HE'S going to do it. Then I got up to write it down because I knew that it was to be something I needed to blog about. So...the T.V. is back off. I'm not sure what the Lord wants me to write, but when HE tells you to do something like this you have to be ready. So....here goes!

It seems that for a while now things on the "GOD" side of my life haven't been quite right. I really haven't been able to decide what the problem is, I just have known that something was off. GOD was continuing to give me things to write but still it has seemed something was wrong. Last night after writing my first post, of this new venture, I realized a few things. I wasn't studying in my Bible to the extent that I normally do. I was still reading it but not for as long and I had stopped looking up and studying different subjects. It was as if the drive I had to do those things had suddenly left me. I always just loved doing that. I normally like to read about different things in the Bible, look up as much as I can find, and ask questions about the things I don't understand. Well....I just wasn't into it. After finally getting my head straight again, late last night I picked up my Bible and started reading. I was just flipping the pages trying to find some where to stop when I landed on James chapter 1 verses 2-4.

James 1:2-4 (New International Version)Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

The words that jumped out at me were "mature and complete". Since I know what my blog is now going to be about, I wasn't surprised. The study Bible I have been using lately is Life Application NIV Study Bible.

This is some of what it has to say about those verses:

We can't really know the depth of our character until we see how we react under pressure. GOD wants to make us mature and complete, not to keep us from all pain. Instead of complaining about our struggles, we should see them as opportunities for growth. Be patient. GOD will not leave you alone with your problems; HE will stay close and help you grow.

WOW!!! Was GOD speaking to me or what?? I have been under a lot of pressure to just give up and have a few drinks. I didn't do that but I was complaining and....I was "NOT" joyful about it at all. I'm not really sure what that says about my character but I do know that there is a lot of growth that needs to happen. GOD and I have a lot of work to do! One good thing about all of this is....I really enjoyed studying my Bible again last night. For the first time in a couple of weeks I can truly say, "The excitement is back!" In one of my last blogs I wrote about, "gut wrenching passion"....I feel it again! Thank YOU LORD!!

Through my Bible, God led me to many more verses pertaining to growth and growing closer to HIM and becoming more like HIM. I will be using those verses as I write more posts in this blog. As I said at the start of this post...There are going to be barriers knocked down. That statement makes me a little nervous but....at the same time....it's kind of exciting. I have no idea what GOD is planning to do in my life, but it seems that if you read this....you will find out almost as quickly as I do.

There's a song that Karen Peck and New River sing called...Journey Of Joy. I believe this is going to be quite the journey I'm going on. Along the way I'm going to try to remember to always keep the right attitude and the JOY. So...I think I'm ready for the ride!!

No comments: