Thursday, January 20, 2011

Something To Think About

I've been reading some different blogs lately and started to think that maybe I should change mine. The reason is because most of the blogs I read are pretty light hearted. You know...people talking about their hobbies...what they did with their families over the weekend...their vacations...just lots of fun stuff. So I started thinking...Wow, I should really lighten up a bit. Make my blog more fun. Immediately my next thought was...No, this is what my blog is supposed to be about. Yes...sometimes it is heavy and a lot to think about...but that's what it's supposed to do. Make me and others think. So I will leave you with something we can all think about.

This is by Max Lucado...

The Purpose In Our Pain

“Your faith makes you offer your lives as a sacrifice in serving God.” Philippians 2:17
When we face struggles, we often wonder, Why? Years from now, though, we may realize that it was those struggles that taught us something we could not have otherwise learned—that there was a purpose in our pain. God’s purpose is greater than your pain, and he has a greater purpose than your problems.

No comments: