Saturday, October 2, 2010

Women's Convention

Earlier this week, Tuesday the 27th, The LORD told me that I should go to a conference at church. I know it was HIM because as I was listening to a worship CD at work HE just said to me..."If you go, it will be okay." You see, by that time I had been struggling for about 24 hours with the fact that I did not want to go! I had been asked to go and said, "No way. I don't do those things!" So I called after work and registered. I was still quite apprehensive about going and didn't tell anyone that I had agreed to go accept the person that had asked me. She tries to help keep me on the right path. LOL So on Wednesday the 28th I had written in my blog a challenge for myself. I had said my goal was to go after more of GOD and to let HIM change me. Well, if you don't mean it, don't say it! GOD will take you up on a challenge! This is a small recap of what happened the first day...

GOD is an awesome GOD!! Today was absolutely amazing! I went to the District Fall Women's Convention at church, and liked it. If you know me, then you have to know that it was a GOD thing. First, I don't go to anything like this...ever! Second...I enjoyed it. Third...I'm going back tomorrow! All of that proves that GOD definitely was there! The main speaker is good and holds my attention. In the morning the topic she had was Hope Floats. We all need "hope". The breakout session this morning was great. We watched Thelma Wells on DVD. She is a speaker for The Women Of Faith and an author. She's funny but she tells you how it is. When I went back for the night session I immediately thought I wasn't going to like it. The topic didn't seem like anything I wanted to hear about. But...I didn't tune her out. Lots of women were touched by what she had said and that was great but it didn't do anything for me personally. However, I have been told before..."It's not all about you." Of course I know that and don't expect it to be. But, I was hoping for just a small feeling so I would know I really was there for some reason. After it was pretty much over the lady that is is charge of everything said that there were people there that needed prayer and she believed there was a miracle going to happen. If you were the one that needed it come up to be prayed for. Immediately a women went up and they prayed so I just figured it was over and we would leave. NO...she kept saying, "Is there anyone else that needs to have prayer?" Of course, I kept putting it off knowing all the time I should be going up. Finally, when I knew it was now or never, I took "the walk"! A lot of women gathered around me and prayed. I can't say that I felt like I was healed but I definitely felt GOD'S presence. I absolutely love when I know that HE is there. It has got to be the best thing I have ever felt...ever!! I know what it feels like to be high on drugs but "this" is so much more!! They asked a specific woman to come up and pray for me...I don't know why. Tomorrow I am going to ask her why it had to be her that prayed for me. Anyway, after about 5 minutes she came over to where I was sitting and gave me a word from the LORD. That was amazing too. I just pray that when what she told me takes place I will know, without a doubt, that it's GOD talking to me. So...

What's next?? I am going back tomorrow because I don't want to miss anything! You can catch my update about that tomorrow night. Until then...

Ephesians 6:10-11 (The Message)

A Fight to the Finish
 10-12And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Oh what a blessing Chelle! PTL; what a huge step for you. You are such a blessing to others, and I am thankful so many blessed you yesterday. :)