Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Real Heart Change

For the last couple of weeks the LORD has been speaking to me about "heart change". There has been such an urgency in me to write about it and yet, I have not been able to find the words to express what I am feeling. I think it is now time...

It's as if the LORD is telling me that it doesn't matter who you are, or what you might think is wrong in your life, if you have accepted JESUS as your SAVIOR...have a had a "real heart change"...then you are okay. HE keeps speaking this one thing to my heart over and over...Salvation is a heart thing not something you have to earn. You can't earn it or work for it, you just ask for it and accept it...it's yours. HE is not looking for perfection in us, the LORD is only asking us to live for HIM. Let HIM transform you into what HE knows you can be. All you have to do is to be willing to do what HE asks. Allow GOD to change you from the inside out...have a "true heart change". A "true heart change" is...the sign of a life being transformed by GOD Himself! GOD doesn't want, or expect, us to live by a bunch of rules. HE wants us to live according to HIS Word. Accept HIM and follow HIM the best you can. Then let HIM do the rest.

This post has been hard for me to write and now I think I know why. For a few weeks GOD has been really transforming my heart. I have felt things inside of me that I have "never" felt. Good things...NO...Great things! Things from GOD! I have got to tell you this. When you let the fear of what "might" happen go...that opens the way for the LORD to do things in your life. While writing this blog, I have had to be so transparent, that at times I can hardly click on the "Post Now" button. Letting people that I know, and people that I don't know, into my past...present...and future life, is really scary at times. But, I have found that if GOD is in what I write, it will be okay. I tell you that, to tell you this. Let GOD into your life so you are able to let people into your life. You will be truly blessed as I have been.

Proverbs 4:23 (New Living Translation)
Guard your heart above all else,
      for it determines the course of your life.

1 John 3:1 (The Message)
What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

Romans 12
1-2 So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

To bring it all together...JESUS loves you and wants to be the LORD of your life.  If you haven't given your life to HIM yet...do it today! HE is coming back really soon...it could be today! Don't be left here! Ask HIM to forgive you and come into your heart. Tell HIM you are sorry for your sins and ask HIM to forgive you. Then let HIM transform you from the inside out. It's an experience that you can't even imagine! Call on HIM...today!

No comments: