Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seek HIM

Isaiah 55:6 (New Living Translation)

 6 Seek the Lord while you can find him.
      Call on him now while he is near.


I read that verse today and it took me back to something I said just a few days ago. A challenge to myself to..."Go after more of GOD!" It seems that many things I read and hear are telling me that's what GOD is wanting me to do. I need to lay aside my fears of...What's going to happen if I do???...or...What will people think of me???...or...I just can't do that...and just go for it! Do the things that I know would help me to be closer to HIM.


One definition of seek is; to go to. I need to go to HIM. Run to HIM. Seek after HIM, desire HIM with everything I have. If I call out to HIM, HE will come in close to me. Whatever it is that I have to do to accomplish this, I need to do it. It's not just me that needs to do this. Every Christian should be seeking HIM out to draw closer to HIM so HE will draw closer to you. There are many benefits when you do that. As Christians we can have peace when things in our life are just...Going bad! Sometimes it seems that everything goes upside down at the same time. When that happens you want to be as close to the LORD as you can. Another passage that goes along with Isaiah 55:6 is;


Psalm 32:6-8 (New Living Translation)
 6 Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time,
      that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.
 7 For you are my hiding place;
      you protect me from trouble.
      You surround me with songs of victory.
 8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
      I will advise you and watch over you."

I'm not real sure how to end this tonight except maybe with a short simple prayer...

FATHER GOD, help us all to seek you with our whole heart so that we might be brought in close to YOU. Help us to desire more of YOU and may YOU always be the first one we run to in times of trouble in our lives. Thank YOU for always being there and listening to us when we call on YOUR name. In JESUS name I pray, AMEN!



No comments: