Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THOUGHTS

Have you ever been surrounded by people and still you feel totally alone? Probably everyone has at sometime in their life. You may even know someone that feels that way. The thing is, when they do they are probably not going to let you know it. Most people that are like that can hide it really well. They seem like everyone else you know. They go to work, go to church, live by you, they may even go to your house to visit with you. The point is...there are a lot of hurting people out there and you don't even realize that you know some of them. I used to be one of those people.

To everyone that knew me I was just like other people. I did all the normal things that everyone else I knew did. Went to work everyday, church every Sunday, went to family functions, whatever everyone else did...so did I. But no matter how many people I was with, I was still alone. No one could change that for me. I thought that someday I would probably die of loneliness. In fact, there were times that I considered taking my own life because I was so lonely. When I was in high school one of my favorite songs was the theme song for MASH...Suicide Is Painless. Here's the lyrics; (Mike Altman & Johnny Mandel)

Through early morning fog I see
Visions of the things to be,
The pains that are withheld for me,
I realize and I can see...

(chorus)
That suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please.

The game of life is hard to play,
I'm going to loose it anyway,
The loosin' card I'll someday lay;
So this is all I have to say

That suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please.

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
And to another give my seat
For that's the only painless feat.

That suicide is painless,
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it if I please
And you can do the same thing if you please.

I used to get my guitar and play that all the time. I would sit in my room, play this song and think of ways to kill myself. I always thought that I would just take a handful of pills because then it truly would be painless. I always had enough so that if I really did decide that was what I was going to do, it wouldn't be a problem. I know now, that even then, God had a plan for my life. As I got older, and things in my life would go wrong, I would sometimes think how easy it would be to get some pills and take them. But, in the back of my mind, I knew if I did that I would go to hell. I did not want to go there. Some how I knew, that if I could just find GOD, everything would be alright. So, over the years I gave up the thought of suicide. I focused then on trying to get GOD to want me, to accept me. I didn't understand then, that all I had to do was accept HIM. I just had to ask HIM to forgive me and to come into my heart.HE was more than willing to accept me.

That's all you have to do. If you think about killing yourself, you need to ask GOD to help you to want to live. If your lonely and feel like there's no one here that really cares about you...GOD does. HE will always be there for you. Other people can't always be with you. Sometimes you will be alone. But, if you have The LORD, HE'S all you need. Sometimes because of things that happen to us, or because of things that we do, satan gets in and puts thoughts in our minds. That's how he beats us. He plants a thought that...no one loves you...you'll always be alone...look at everybody else you know, they all have people that care about them and you're all alone. He is good at telling us those things. What you have to do is ask for forgiveness. Ask JESUS to come into your heart, forgive you of your sins, and then live for HIM. It's that simple. Do it today so you don't have to fight these thoughts anymore. Then you will have all kinds of help to win whatever battle you are fighting.

Even after you become a Christian he will tell you things to get you to go back to your old habits...your old way of thinking. He did me. At times I thought he was going to win. I would play some of those same thoughts I used to have over in my mind. Just remember, you are in a battle for your mind. That's how satan beats us. If he can win that battle he can make you fail, and sometimes get you back. You have to be strong. Pray, read the bible and pray some more. Will you still have battles after becoming a Christian? YES, you will. Can you win those battles? YES, you can. You will have the help of GOD, JESUS, and the HOLY SPIRIT living in you. And, you can ask other Christians to pray with you so you can win those battles.

Hebrew 13:5
Never will I leave you,
Never will I forsake you.

2nd Corinthians 12:9
But HE said to me, "MY grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weaknees."

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let GOD transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know GOD'S will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of GOD, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through CHRIST JESUS.

John 8:32
And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.

John 3:16
For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON. That whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish but have eternal life.

No comments: