Sunday, June 21, 2009

BE A REBEL

Did you ever know anyone with a rebellious nature? Or, maybe you have one. I have always been rebellious. If you've read much of my blog you have probably already figured that out. I was always drawn to anything that was even a little bit on the wild side. If I couldn't do it all, I could at least read about it, watch it, or listen to it. You would think after becoming a Christian the Rebel part of me would have changed. It has not. I still have that same Rebel streak in me. I believe that GOD put that in me for a reason. When GOD begin to change me, and make me a new creation in HIM, HE let me remain a Rebel. HE knew that I was going to need the stubborn, rebellious side to be able to stand for HIM. GOD can take the parts of you that satan uses for bad, and turn them around, for HIM to use for good. Generally speaking, these are not good traits to have. But for me, being a Rebel works well. With the LORDS help I am a Rebel for HIS cause.

If you really want to make a difference in the world you live in, you have to be willing to be a bit of a Rebel. You have to be passionate about living for JESUS in a way that lets others see HIM in you! More than anything you should want to experience JESUS to the fullest in your own life, and be able to help other people to want to do the same in theirs. That doesn't always mean people that are not Christians. Sometimes other Christians need a jolt to become passionate about JESUS again. Seeing you being all you can be for Him could give them the push they need to step up and become a Rebel for GOD also.

What do you need in order to take a risk and become a Rebel for GOD? You need to have courage. How do you get that courage? Read your bible and pray. Ask the LORD to give you courage to stand for HIM and be a light in the world around you. Sometimes you may have to tell people about JESUS and what HE did for them. Doing this will not always be easy. When you try to talk to them about JESUS they may laugh at you or even get mad at you. That's okay. It's more important that people know the truth and find GOD, than letting them go to Hell. I experienced this myself just today...

I was talking to someone on the phone that has major heart problems. In the past few months they have fallen a few times and not been able to get up for awhile because of it. In the past week they fell down outside and lay there for 20 minutes because they couldn't get up and no one else was around. They refuse to go to the doctor because they don't want to pay the bill and they say that if they die they're..."good with it. "They kept telling me they don't have a problem with dying and because I know they aren't a Christian I asked if they were sure about that. They said they were. I told them they needed to think about where they would go if they died. They immediately got mad and told me they were not going to have a religious conversation with me. The reason they weren't is because it would stress them out and because of their heart they don't need that right now. That tells me that they really aren't okay with dying. They got mad and hung up. That's okay. I know, and so does he, that he could die at anytime. If I didn't at least tell him to think about where he would go I wouldn't be doing the right thing. We can't force anyone to accept JESUS, but when you know HE is telling you to say something, you have to take the chance. It could be the last chance that person has to make the choice to accept CHRIST.

What is the most important thing we need to tell people? That JESUS loves them. That JESUS loves them with an unconditional love. It doesn't matter what they have done, or what was done to them, JESUS loves them. JESUS gave HIS life for them and HE wants to give them NEW LIFE. Tell them how HE can change their heart and life if they will let HIM.

John 3:16
For GOD loved the world so much that HE gave HIS one and only SON, so that everyone that believes in HIM will not perish but have eternal life.

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart.

I believe that as Christians we are all called to share the gospel of JESUS CHRIST. It's the Great Commission.

Matthew 28:18-20
JESUS came and told HIS disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Where ever you are in your walk with the LORD, this is a good time to step it up a notch. HE has called us all to make a difference in the world around us.

Mark 16:15
And then HE told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone."

Be a little rebellious and become a Rebel for GOD. Help to change the world around you. People need to see JESUS and it might just be you they need to see HIM through.

No comments: