Friday, June 19, 2009

THANKFUL FOR EVERYDAY HELP

Do you ever have days that somehow they just don't flow like they should? You seem to be doing okay but, you just can't keep your mind on what you're doing? Maybe you're trying to talk to someone and for no reason you're extremely nervous. The words don't come out right, or maybe they just don't come out at all! The more you try, the worse it gets, until your mind is just like a blank piece of paper. Don't feel to bad. It happens to me all the time. The only time I can count on words coming out the way I want them to is when I write a new post. The trick with that is...it's not me coming up with the words. It's the Lord. I write whatever HE brings to mind and I don't always know what it will be. HE might give me an idea, but I don't know the whole thing until the post is done. Take today for instance...

When I'm at work I listen to Christian music with headphones on. On the radio this morning I heard an interview with a singer and he was telling what one of his songs was about. As soon as I heard it I knew that I was going to write something along those lines today. The thought has been kicking around in my head for a few days now but nothing has come of it. When that happens I always wonder if it's just me...wanting to write something...or if it's HIM, telling me I'm going to write it. When this is all going on in my head it's hard to concentrate on other things. Usually for my posts GOD takes me back to things that have happened to me in my past. Today was a little different. He took me back to how I used to feel in my past.

The singer on the radio this morning said that the song was about how we need to tell everyone what GOD has done for us. It's not about us, it's all about HIM. So, I thought that was it. What I was going to write about. When I sat down and started was when I found out what it really is I'm supposed to write about. What GOD does for us on an everyday basis. We all have things that GOD helped us with when we became Christians. For some there were physical addictions. For others they may have had a problem with lying, cussing, cheating or numerous other things that GOD has helped us all to overcome. If you stop and think about it there are many other things HE does for you everyday. HE provides income so we can have a place to live and food to eat. HE lets you wake up everyday so you can enjoy everything HE made for you. The sunshine, trees, wildlife, mountains everything in nature HE made for HIS and our enjoyment. But, most of all...HE made you! Maybe you don't like who you are. You might not like the way you look, your personality or anything else about yourself. But, GOD likes you. HE loves you. HE made you with your personality and how you look. Yes, you can change those things some, but the basics are still there. Today, HE let me know that HE has helped me to change a lot. If there are any parts of your personality that really need changing HE will help you to do that IF you will ask HIM to. Just remember that sometimes when we ask, HE doesn't always do it in the way we would like. But, I still ask and HE still answers...

I always wanted to be different. I didn't like the fact that it was so hard for me to talk to people. I could know someone for many years and still not be able to hold a conversation with them. Oh sure, I could talk but I would be so nervous it was hard to think or I would stumble on my words so much that after a while I would just give up and walk away. Most of the time I wouldn't even try because I would get so nervous it wouldn't be worth it. Then another thing was walking into a room or a building where people that I knew were going to be. Sometimes I just wouldn't bother to go in because it would make me so anxious I would almost be sick. When I became a Christian I was hoping for a personality transplant. Well, I heard that just doesn't happen. I'm kidding of course, but I was hoping that those things would get easier. I asked HIM to help me and I'm happy to say that overall they have. I'm still not the life of the party or anything but it is easier...most of the time. Except today! I haven't been able to hold a decent conversation at all today. My thoughts won't come together, I feel like running the other way when having to talk to someone and the anxiety has been unbelievable. So I'm thinking...WHAT is going on??? Then my thoughts are...

Everyday GOD helps me to live. Not just to breathe, and all the other essentials, but to actually LIVE! Before giving my life to HIM what I was doing was just existing, not living. HE helped me to remember how hard it was for me to just go to church. Not too many months ago I had to force myself to get out of bed and go. It was a major feat for me to just walk in and stay. Then sometimes I had to talk to people. That was hard too. I would get so anxious I didn't think I would live. Now I actually like to go. So HE took the opportunity today to let me remember how it used to be for me so I would be thankful that I am not who I was. HE let me experience all those same feelings I used to have all the time. I can tell you that I didn't, and still don't, like feeling that way. HE wants me to always remember, and be thankful for the fact, that I am a new creation in HIM. HE has changed me and is helping me on an everyday basis to be different. He wanted me to tell you that you also can be a new creation in HIM. You might not have the same problems that I have had but HE can help you to change whatever yours are. HE will help you daily. You might get rid of the addictions and habits you shouldn't have but the personality traits are still there. HE won't give you a new personality but HE will help you work on the one you have so you like and accept yourself. Everyone has feelings of inadequacy at times but they shouldn't rule our lives. Let HIM help you on a daily basis. That's what HE likes to do. Yes, HE likes to help you get rid of what most people consider the major problems in your life. But if you have ever had these other problems they can be major also. HE helps me with them on a daily basis if I remember to ask. Let HIM help you with your daily problems, whatever they might be. Ask HIM everyday to help you become the person that HE wants you to be. Whatever that is will be what's right for you.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:6 Do not fret or have anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to GOD.

Isaiah 43:18-19
Do not earnestly remember the former things; neither consider the things of old.
Behold, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth; do you not perceive and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

No comments: