Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What A Week!

I want to start this post by saying this. . .

GOD is good all the time and all the time GOD is good!!

What a week! Is it only Wednesday??? To me it feels like next Monday already! I am thanking the Lord that it's not because then the three day weekend would be over!

On a serious note. . .

Most of you know that I have been having some health issues. . . heart issues to be exact. I have had a problem since I was young and at times it would be what I thought was bad. Well, it's amazing how fast things can go from being bad at times to being really bad most of the time. Sunday night I found myself in the emergency room and I wasn't feeling real good about that. My stay was for 8 hours in two different luxurious suites. Then I went home for nine hours and "rested!"  Then off to the cardiologist. He seems like a good doctor and gave me a lot of information that I didn't know and a lot of meds to take with more to come! That part I don't really like but if it helps me to live without so many problems I can get used to it. Then today I was off to do an echo-stress test. That would be pictures and a treadmill. Now "that" was fun. Really, I didn't think I was going to be able to get my heart rate up, and keep it there as long as they needed, but I just kept praying and I got there. When it was all over they said they didn't find any serious problems. Now that I've had a few hours I'm wondering what the non-serious ones were? lol Really, I'm not going to worry about that. It's just one day at a time with the Lord walking with me. When it was all said and done I was reminded in a phone call that. . ."Sometimes God uses medicine and doctors to help us but that He can also still heal me." I probably didn't say that exactly as it was said to me but I hope you can get the meaning from it. It really was what I needed to hear after everything I have heard this week from doctors. It's just that my brain has been pretty foggy for days now and thinking is sometimes really hard to do!

Some if what I am learning through all of this is. . .

God cares about us. Over the last few days there have been times when I was scared. Yep, me. I was scared. There have been many prayers from some great Christians being said on my behalf and
God has heard everyone of them. I too have prayed a lot. I've prayed for courage, strength, rest, sleep, good test results and healing. He has heard every prayer and He has answered them in the way He has planned for me. Which reminds me of a verse . . .

Isaiah 55:8

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord."

It wasn't too long before this all started happening that He led me to this verse and reminded me that His ways are always better than ours . . .

Isaiah 55:9

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts."

We might not fully understand why He allows what He allows in our lives. The pain and sorrow, the sickness and disease, the giving and taking and sometimes even . . . the losses we face. But we always know that whatever happens . . . Gods way is the best way. We as Christians just need to live our lives fully, in His will, being held securely in the palm of His hand. 

Isaiah 43:1-3

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
    O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
    I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.



Thank you all for your prayers for me. I greatly appreciate each and everyone of you.
Blessings . . . Chelle



8 comments:

child of God said...

Hi Chelle,
I am so glad to hear that you made it through the stress test and there isn't anything to serious!! Praise God!! This is amazing!!

Continuing to pray for you hon. 100% health here on earth! Yes LORD, yes and thank YOU!

Blessings,
<><

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle, you certainly have had an interesting week (maybe month even). I will continue to pray and like you say, "God is good all the time, all the time, God is good."
God bless friend
Tracy <3

Joy (Aesther) said...

Thank God that even through this season of your life, you choose to continue yielding on to the promises of God. Yes God is good all the time! Praying a prayer of blessing for you today... God bless ya Chelle! :D

Kristin Bridgman said...

You made it through the test, yeah! I knew you would;)
God was there with you the whole time.
And your great attitude always helps. Now if I ever have to do that stress test, remind me of this :)
I'm still dreaming of the red velvet cake, but not having it without you ;)

Mike said...

Prayer. Prayer.Prayer. Thats the real thing in recovering. God him self before us, ready to heal and he wants us to believe and he will grant our most needs. I will continue to Pray for a GREAT recovery and and prayer that everything with you is Good, and that God may be gracious to you :) Hope You get better soon with all this :)

Mike

Lifeofusandsaints.blogspot.ca

Jan Christiansen said...

Chelle, I can fully relate to what you're going through. Had a cardiologist appointment myself yesterday. They're changing my meds for A-fib (sporadic, irratic and rapid heart beat). I was just fine in the Dr. office. Came home, ate dinner and then my heart went wacko - 4 hours of A-fib. It wore me out just dealing with the crazy thoughts that go along with the physical discomfort. I'm praying for you, girl!

Never Forsaken said...

Oh Chelle,
Isn't God amazing...how He works!
I just got out of bible study, and that Isaiah scripture was one that I quoted, and the study reflected on Jacob...how he struggled with the angel of the Lord all night, and would not let him go until he recieved a blessing...I made the remark, that sometimes God will allow us to fight for His blessing so that we will realize just how badly we want it...we tend to want something more when we have to fight for it...God intends to bless us, but He wants us to really want that blessing!
~God Bless~ & still praying for you dear sister!!Lisa

BelovedBomber said...

I am so glad to hear the tests all have good outcomes! Trusting God will continue to give you all you need! Your strength and faith, even when they seem weaker to you, will be a testimony to many! Many blessings!