Monday, August 20, 2012

Comfort

God's Word ~ we all need to read it . . . soak in it . . . meditate on it . . . consume it. We need to feel the very words that are contained in it . . . right down to our very core . . . our souls!! The strength that lies in the Word of our God is immeasurable. We receive power when we are weak and strength when we are powerless!

Isaiah 40:29

Amplified Bible (AMP)
29 He gives power to the faint and weary, and to him who has no might He increases strength [causing it to multiply and making it to abound].


When we get into the Word our problems seem less.

Recently I have been learning much about myself and about the Word of God. I believe that the Lord has been blessing me with the desire to read and study His Word. Why? Because I got really serious and asked Him too. I kept telling Him what I thought I needed . . . over and over. I knew He had answered my prayer when one day I picked up my Bible . . . started reading it . . . and found that it was as if everything had changed overnight. I just can't seem to read enough.

Tonight I picked up my Bible and turned to Isaiah 40 and began to read. There is a heading in my Bible just before chapter 40 that says; Comfort for God's People. I knew I was starting in the right place tonight. I was thinking only about myself at that point because of something that happened in my life this afternoon. Then, as I read, I realized that I needed to post some of this because there are others reading that need the Comfort of the Lord tonight also. What came immediately to my thoughts was this . . .

Comfort . . . Comfort . . . Comfort . . . it is the Word of the day for us all.

I know that was the Lord speaking those words to me so I would share. . . because tonight, I didn't really think I had anything in me to say.

The one last thought I have before leaving you with a scripture is . . . Let God be God and He will do amazing things for you.

Isaiah 40:1

“Comfort, comfort my people,”
    says your God.

Notes ~

The seeds of comfort may take root in the soil of adversity. When your life seems to be falling apart, ask God to comfort you. You may not escape adversity, but you may find God's comfort as you face it. Sometimes, however, the only comfort we have is in the knowledge that someday we will be with God. Appreciate the comfort and encouragement found in His Word, His presence, and His people.







7 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Chelle, thank you so much for this post on comfort. I too have become very serious in my walk with my Heavenly Daddy. I believe He is honoring my desire to know Him better. Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - I think I am going to go read Is 40 right now
God bless friend, for passing on God's comfort for His people
Hugs
Tracy

BelovedBomber said...

What a great word! We have to get close to the Comforter to be comforted!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, I only wish I would have thought about this sooner, like yesterday.

Unknown said...

Isaiah is such a powerful book. I could read it over and over!

Aritha V. said...

I love the book of Isaiah! The Lord often spoke through it. Love your post.

Daisy said...

Your first paragraph was like music to my ears! :) Love those verses in Isaiah. Yes, God will never leave us comfort-less if we go to Him. May you continue to enjoy your daily bread. God bless!