Sunday, August 19, 2012

Today I just want to say how good GOD is! HE has been doing so much in my life recently . . . healing me from things that have kept me bound . . . showing me through scripture things that used to be true in my life . . . and just feeling me with joy and a new attitude! I just want to continue on with more of what happened to me after the revival services. 
 
On August 12 I posted Isiah 55:12-13 and said that soon I would tell you why they were special to me. Today is the day . . .

Isaiah 55:12-13

New Living Translation (NLT)
12 You will live in joy and peace.
    The mountains and hills will burst into song,
    and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
    Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
    they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”

When I read this I immediately knew that verse 13 had been me. Prior to becoming a Christian, inside I was all thorny and full of nettles. We all know what thorns are but what exactly is a nettle? When I read this verse I thought they were something like thorns. That works but the definition is . . . a plant covered with stinging hairs. A nettle stings . . . irritates . . . annoys . . . and provokes! Well . . . when I read this the LORD was letting me know that I was filled with that stuff! HE also let me know that even after accepting JESUS into my heart I still had this stuff in me. Why? Because I hadn't totally been healed of the hold that satan has had on me. In a way I was holding on to all that stuff and that was keeping me from being totally free! I was still believing some of the lies that held me captive from long ago. But now, since I have let the HOLY SPIRIT go in and purify and cleanse me, the hold on my life from my past is gone, so are the thorns and the nettles. There are now only good things inside of me. I am redeemed! Being transformed more and more everyday! I am a new person! After I read these verses the joy that I was feeling was indescribable. Really . . . I just wanted to shout it out to the world . . . I'm Free!! Then I read my study notes and this is what they say . . .

vs 12-13 The prophet encourages his people to forget the past, leave Babylon and to accept the perspective of the coming age.
vs 12       Joy is found in being redeemed from bondage. Godly people experience an inner peace not known to the wicked. Creation participates in the freedom of the children of GOD. (How cool is that!!!!)
vs 13       Redemption is like the transformation from desert to forest. God's glory will be more and more visible to humanity as HIS redemption takes effect.

Today before writing this I looked up these scriptures in The Amplified Bible . . .

Isaiah 55:12-13

Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 For you shall go out [from the spiritual exile caused by sin and evil into the homeland] with joy and be led forth [by your Leader, the Lord Himself, and His word] with peace; the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree; and it shall be to the Lord for a name of renown, for an everlasting sign [of jubilant exaltation] and memorial [to His praise], which shall not be cut off.

I love this version too! Spiritual exile . . . that is what we are all in until we let the LORD come in and completely heal us from all the past sin and evil in our lives! Then beautiful things will grow inside of us and we will be filled with peace and joy!! 

If you are holding on to things from your past that are not of GOD . . .let GOD clean them out of you. Let go and let GOD have HIS way in your life. You really won't be disappointed. HE only wants the best for you and HE can't give you the best if you won't let HIM.

AMEN!!!

6 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Chelle, thank you for such an open and honest post.

I am so glad God is healing your wounds and bringing you joy! I really am happy for you dear one.

Yeah, I can relate to being all thorny as well. One by one my Heavenly Daddy plucks a thorn out at a time along with those stinging hairs.

Rooha for Freedom! Thank you for such an encouraging post Chelle. Yes you have been redeemed! Amen.

Many blessings and hugs.

Brenda said...

Hi Chelle,
I shall join all the trees in the fields and clap my hands to that! Amen, we are a new creation in Christ Jesus.
God bless

Jan Christiansen said...

Celebrating the goodnes of God with you, Chelle. His transformative power is simply amazing!

Thank you for sharing from your heart what God is doing in your life.

Blessings,
Jan

Joy (Aesther) said...

Hi Chelle! Thanks for sharing this post! Was just talking about this "Let God" issue with my friend and your post has encouraged me alot! I need to let go and let God. Thanks and God bless ya! :D

Nikki (Sarah) said...

Chelle...can you hear me cheering for you...cause I totally am. When He touches us...turns a light on.....does something in our lives that incredible...we got to share it. I love that you shared what He's doing in your life. You shine!!!!

bluecottonmemory said...

When I look back and see how sick inside I was because I thought those were the burdens my "cross" to carry - oh, how I was deceived - but He pursued me, healed me, flung those burdens off me! And, He did it for me - for you! That healing is a slow process - because it is the believing for me that took so long - believing that He actually meant it for me! Rejoicing, cheering with you. Experiences like that are what imprints scripture on our hearts! What a beautiful heart tattoo!