Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Didn't I Walk On The Water



Jeremiah 29:13

13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

A few weeks back I started telling the Lord that I wanted more of Him. I wanted to know that He is with me...to feel His presence more. Like most times it didn't happen right away for me because at that point God wasn't ready to reveal Himself to me in any new, more powerful, way. But...He did start revealing himself to me more through scriptures. Like the verse in Jeremiah says...I had to seek Him...search for Him...with my whole heart. I had to truly want to become closer to Him and want more of Him with me on a day to day basis. When I started reading and studying the Bible more...He would let me see what I had been missing in many verses. Many of those I have shared recently in posts. Through those verses I am learning more about Him and getting closer to Him. He is faithful and will do what He says He will do when we are faithful to do what He tells us to do! Whew...praying that all makes sense.

Throughout this new leg in my journey God is not only showing me verses, He has also been speaking to me through music...because He "knows" that music speaks to me! I've been having some health issues and at times just can't sleep. Sometimes because of the things that start happening to me...fear creeps in. In fact at times...I just get plain scared. So I was driving the other day and listening to the radio. A song by The Dunaways came on titled...Don't Start Doubtin' Now. It's a great song and at that moment it was as if God was speaking right to me through the radio. When I got home that day I found it on iTunes and then listened to the other songs on the CD. Well...don't you know that there is four songs in a row that I really needed to hear. Isn't God good that way...just to lead you to something that He knows you will like and that He can speak to you through!

This song is that song for me right now! It is my song! I may not be kneeling in the darkness but I am definitely praying and I do see a battle. Some of it is a battle in my mind...maybe not defeat but in those moments...fear. Since we are all human I know that everyone feels this way at some point when they are going through things that they aren't sure of. When you feel like this talk to God. Then remember the words of this song. I do remember where He's brought me from...what life He took me out of. How far I have come because of Him...not because of anything I have done. He walks through our raging storms with us. He calms us and gives us peace...but we have to ask. He has done all of the things for me, this song says, more times than I can tell you. Most of all He died for me and He died for you...and He would do it all again.

Didn't I Walk On The Water

As I kneel in the darkness in the middle of the night
I’m praying for assurance everything’s gonna be alright
Lord I see another battle out in front of me
I’m afraid I won’t be able and I’ll go down in defeat

He said, do you remember where I brought you from
Just take a look behind you at how far you’ve come
And everytime you asked me, didn’t I deliver you
So why would you be thinking that I wouldn’t see you through

Didn't I walk on the water and I calmed the raging sea
I spoke to the wind, it hushed and I gave you peace
Didn’t I run to your rescue didn’t I hear you when you called
I walked right beside you just so you wouldn’t fall
Didn’t I leave all of Heaven just to die for your sin
I searched until I found you and I’d do it all again

Songwriter: Linda Gibson Johnson




4 comments:

Brenda said...

What a beautiful reminder of what the Lord can do and just remember Chelle, Peter walked on water too whilst he kept his eyes on Jesus. It was when he looked at the circumstance, the wind etc. that he began to sink. Do not go by what your circumstance appears to be telling you. Keep your eyes on what the Lord is saying to you through His word and what the Holy Spirit brings to your remembrance, it will strengthen your faith.
God bless you and may His perfect love cast out your fear.

BelovedBomber said...

I love how God has given me songs for seasons in my life. When my Dad, actually me step-dad who raised me, went home to be with the Lord God gave me two songs by Kerrie Roberts, No Matter What and Keep Breathing. I think I listened to them daily. I think there may be power as we speak the words of songs...

Kristin Bridgman said...

I just love the way God speaks to us in a way just for us. The God of the universe knows you so intimately and cares for you enough to send you a song :) So wonderful!

ps~ Guess what I saw today in a little bakery shop??? Red velvet cupcakes! I thought of you :)

Just Be Real said...

I know I commented on this the other day, but since I am having issues with Blogger, it did not accept it on your blog. (See my latest post)

Thank you for this post and the intimacy how our Heavenly Daddy speaks to us.

Blessings to you Chelle.