Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wonderful Peace From Above

As I was working today this post just started coming together in my thoughts. When this happens I know it's for at least one person that will read this today.

My prayer for you is that GOD will encourage your heart today, and fill your spirit with peace...HIS sweet peace! And when you feel His peace that you let go and let it wash over you like the falling rain!

Peace...what a great feeling! Sometimes it can escape us when we need it most. Where does peace come from? There's an old hymn that tells us...

Peace...Peace...wonderful peace...coming down from the Father above.
Sweep over my spirit forever I pray
In fathomless billows of love. 

Peace comes from our Heavenly Father! Isn't that just so cool! He loves us and wants the best for us. His sweet peace is one of those things that is "best for us"! We can all use the peace of the Lord to just wash over us. To take over our thoughts and our feelings. Sometimes...life is just plain hard and at times even sad. Without the peace that He gives to us it would be hard to make it through our days. Peace...it's what the world longs for and yet without the Lord they won't ever have it. 

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

Philippians 4:1
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

He will never let us down. Why? Because He told us He wouldn't. He doesn't lie and He doesn't change!

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.


Philippians 4:7

Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Peace gives us comfort and helps us to rest. Many times at night I pray that the Lord will just fill me with peace so I can sleep. I pray that way for others too that I know might be struggling with some part of life. Even as Christians there are times that we are in turmoil in our spirits. This will make us anxious and sleep doesn't always come easy. That's when you want to ask the Lord to just drench you with His peace.

Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

When you lay your head down on your pillow tonight ask the Lord to just cover you with His peace.

Rest well with Him tonight!


Linking with Tracy for Winsome Wednesday.
























2 comments:

Felecia said...

Well this post may not be "for me" but I know how that feels and I liked it anyway! :)
Have a blessed Easter,
Felecia

Kandi said...

Chelle,

His peace is one of His greatest blessings, when we rest in God's peace we don't have to worry we know that we don't have to worry He only wants the best for us, He's got it covered.

Blessings to you Chelle.