Sunday, April 15, 2012

Is Anything To Hard For The Lord?

Today while reading the Bible I came upon a verse that spoke to me so I looked at the reference's for other verses to read. I don't even know what the original verse was, or what it was about it I liked, but I ended up at Psalm 61. I specifically want to talk about vs 1-4.

Psalm 61:1-4

O God, listen to my cry!
    Hear my prayer!
From the ends of the earth,
    I cry to you for help
    when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
    for you are my safe refuge,
    a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
    safe beneath the shelter of your wings!

There have been many times I remember asking God to "Please, listen to my prayer." And asked if He could, "Please, answer." I know that my troubles are nothing compared to what David was going through. But that's okay. We can still pray this way because God sees all of our problems the same. Nothing is too big or hard for the Lord to take care of. Think about Abraham and Sarah when the Lord told them they were going to have a son. Sarah just laughed because they were old. But the Lord said...

Genesis 18:13-14

13 Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ 14 Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”

If you know the story, you know she did! How amazing is that? Just like Sarah we too know that nothing is to hard for the Lord but sometimes...like Sarah...we doubt! For me one of the reasons is what it says in verse 2. Simply...I get overwhelmed with the circumstances. Sometimes we pray and pray and nothing seems to change. Sometimes...things get worse...we get scared...we doubt...we get overwhelmed by it all! But through it all there is one thing...one constant that remains the same...GOD! No matter the circumstances..."GOD is still GOD" and He will see us through all of those things that overwhelm us.

I like the next part that says; Lead me to the towering Rock of safety. Who is that Rock for us? Ohhh...it is the Lord our God...Jesus. The Rock that is higher than me and The Rock that is higher than you. He is our safe refuge...our safety net. When we feel like we're falling...or maybe we're already as low as we think we can go...and we just don't know about tomorrow...He is there. If we go to Him there is no one...no problem...that can reach us. He surrounds us like a fortress and keeps us safe. He wraps His loving arms around us and holds us. You know how it feels to get a hug from someone that you know loves and cares for you? Even how it feels for you to be able to hug someone else because you care about and love them? Well just think about how it feels when Jesus...who loves and cares for you more than anyone else can...holds you in His arms. We are safe...you are safe. The troubles...the stress...the tension...just melt away because we are sheltered in His arms...beneath His wings as David says.

When the things of this life have knocked you down and you feel like you just might not be able to keep going...pray. Reach for the Rock that is higher than any of us. The towering Rock of safety. He will shelter you and help you to get back up. He has done it for me many times and I know He has done it for you too. 

If your heart is heavy today and you just have that overwhelmed, kind of helpless feeling, remember that God is not limited, in any way, as to what He can do. It makes no difference if your problem is physical sickness...depression...financial...relationships...the Lord knows all about it and He loves you. Go to Him...let Him hold you...and give Him the problem. He will take it and help you more than you can even imagine.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - I am grateful that nothing is too hard for the Lord. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed, but when I look to the mountains nearby, I remember He created those, who am I to worry about what He can and will do in my life.
God bless friend
Tracy

Desiray said...

Hello Chelle love the post just to let you know that there is a song which says the same thing you asked, :Is there anything to hard for the Lord" OH NO!

have a bless day my dear

Denise said...

I love where you said, "When the things of this life have knocked you down and you feel like you just might not be able to keep going...pray." So true; there is nothing too big for our God! :)

Blessings Chelle!
Denise

Anonymous said...

I have found in His Presence there can be no heaviness....so if I am carrying around heaviness that is an excellent clue I need to get in His Presence...thank you for your post today...sweet reminder

Just Be Real said...

I am so glad that He is in control and not I. No, not a thing is too hard for Him. Now, to convince myself to go to Him for everything. He can handle it! Blessings to you Chelle.

bluecottonmemory said...

No - there is nothing too hard for the Lord. I want my faith to be optomistic - full of hope - the glass half-full knowing it will be filled to brimming over. I do not want to be an Eyeorish, glass half-empty child of God. I keep telling someone I love with all my heart - He will open doors. He wants to move in your life - praying for breakthrough that they realize just how God wants to have relationship in his life! Your message just hit the right spot, affirming what I need to keep praying!