Thursday, April 5, 2012

Communion

Do you ever get in a place within yourself that you just can't figure out what's going on? You're feeling just a bit off...like there's a hollowness inside...but your not sure why? Today I was in that place. Tonight I figured out why...

Sometimes I get so caught up in stuff that I don't take time for the important things. Tonight I went to the life group I have talked about before. We did something a little different than normal...we had communion. At first I wasn't sure about it because life group is a much more intimate setting than church. Intimate...closeness...is most always hard for me. There aren't too many people that get inside my "space"...comfort zone...but I'm finding that this is an area, (life group), that the Lord is working on with me. Anyway...I was asked to read Matthew 26:26-29. This is where it talks about the bread being Jesus' body and the cup being His blood. The same part was read in two of the other gospels. Then we had a time of prayer and took communion together. For the first time that I can think of...while taking communion...I really felt something. In that small, intimate setting..that is so hard for me...I was touched clear to my soul...where that hollow spot was that I had been feeling. And there was tears and real feeling. Not so much that others would notice but I knew...I felt it! It was hard but...it was good. At some point maybe I can share these things...with a voice. But for now...tonight...I will share here.

Matthew 26:26-29

26  Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - Its such a great feeling when your inner being gets touched in that way. So glad for you my friend. have an awesome easter weekend as we remember Christ and what He has done for us.
God bless
Tracy

child of God said...

Sweet! Don't you just love it when the Holy Spirit does this?! I know I do, it is an amazing feeling.

Praying you will be able to share this with your life group.

Blessed Good Friday,
<><

Desiray said...

Chelle God is opening your spiritual eyes in many ways and one is through this life group you are attending. If I could give you a word of encouragement, I would say stay close heed to what He is teaching you..Because you are in a teaching mood and the Holy Spirit is your teacher..I a happy for you because many of us don't want to be taught, and if we aren't taught then how do we obtain wisdom...

God bless you and Happy Resurrection Sunday from my family to yours.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

HI Chelle....that group sounds awesome...a safe place to be you....and to shine. I love when something hits home and the doubts hit the road. Wishing you a great Easter weekend.

Unknown said...

I love the word communion. Because of His sacrifice, I can share in His victory. What a communion!