Friday, April 27, 2012

JESUS...The LIGHT

Do you ever feel that sometimes you are living in the dark? What is dark...absence of light. Who is dark...satan. Who is light...Jesus is the light! When you turn ever so slightly away from the light what starts to creep in...darkness. And who is dark...satan is dark. There is no light in satan. What should we do when the darkness surrounds us? Keep reaching out and moving until we get a glimpse of the light again. Then once we see even just the smallest sliver of light breaking in we need to go as quickly as we can into the light. Get covered by the light...immersed in the light! JESUS is the Light!

JOHN 8:12
 "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

Satan is real. He wants to pull you down and drag you into his dark shadow any way he can until you're surrounded by his utter darkness. We all have things that get to us and satan knows what they are. He knows how to push your buttons and make you start slippin' and sliddin' your way towards the dark side. He is always looking for that opportunity when your defenses are down. 

At times I tend to start edging my way toward the dark. Do I want to go there...do I mean to go there? No...neither want or mean to...somehow I just start listening to the wrong voice. The voice can be thoughts in my head...or sometimes feelings within me.

How do you combat this? What do you do when you feel the light that surrounds you is starting to get dim? Pray and read your Bible. Go to church when you can. Go to a bible study or a life group. Don't let satan get so far into your head that he can convince you to not do these things. If you fail once...try again! Try until you get it right. Sometimes I fail at this. In fact I failed this past week on the first one. I almost failed the second one too. It was so close I got lost...within myself...took an extra trip around my mountain and found my way back. The second time around satan lost and I started to see that glimmer. Sometimes, even though you think it won't help to be with other Christians...it does. With each thought I write the light is shining brighter. Satan is still fighting to hold ground but...Who is the Mighty Warrior here? The LORD is the Mighty Warrior!

Exodus 15:3
The Lord is a warrior;
    Yahweh is his name!

Keep pushing towards the light...HIS light. JESUS never fails us. We just have to be willing to do our part.

There is an old song that just came to mind written by Gary Driskell. Here are some of the lyrics...

Verse 1
So many souls have tested Him throughout the course of time.
So many still reach out to Him with broken hearts and minds.
And every one of them will say,
Without exception that they find…
Jesus never fails...

Chorus
Jesus never fails. Jesus never fails.
You might as well get thee behind me, Satan
You cannot prevail, because Jesus never fails.

Verse 3
Sometimes this world brings trouble I find so hard to bear.
I know I could not make it without Jesus being there.
It’s so encouraging to know,
How ever deep we’re in despair…
Jesus never fails.

Verse 4
So what can I do to prove to you, tell me how can you deny?
No untold facts, no mysteries, it’s all so cut and dried.
On the witness stand of your life,
I’ll be the first to testify…
Jesus never fails!






3 comments:

Denise said...

Sometimes it's hard, and we have to reach up and lift ourselves up to the One who can help us overcome the darkness that clouds our lives...He is the bright light that shines all around us and can conquer any shadows that surround us! Love the lyrics to this song Chelle... :)

Blessings for a "bright" and joyful weekend friend!
Denise

Never Forsaken said...

So glad to read this post tonight Chelle. I love those lyrics and scriptures! We only walk through the valley of the SHADOW...Jesus is the brightness that shines through the dark...The brighter the light the less the darkness this is why we see a shadow...you will never walk in complete darkness again!
~God Bless You My Friend~
Lisa

child of God said...

Hi Chelle,
Oh the satanic attack! Satan knows how to strike and he is merciless. My favourite thing to do when I feel the pull to sin is put on worship music and worship God by saying His many names. The attack always stops. There is power in music that honours and worships God, it deflates Satan like a balloon loosing all its air.

You said that 'satan is dark'. This is not wholly true, Satan is called the angel of light. The light that shines through him is not nearly as bright as the light in Jesus, but it is light and he tricks people into thinking they are following the right path.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

So, yes he is dark but he is a trickster and will disguise himself as an angel of light.

I am so glad you were able to overcome! Praise God!! It is a real battle so it is always wise for us to make sure we are wearing our armour that God gave us. The helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the shoes of the Gospel and carry the Sword of Truth.

Blessings sister,
<><