Sunday, April 24, 2011

Psalm 27

Have you ever noticed that at times everything just seems to be going your way? You wake up in a great mood...your happy...good things are happening in your life...you just feel good...blessed!! Then as quickly as it all started going right for you...all hell breaks loose! Then you have decisions to make...

Are you going to start on a downhill slide that really only makes things worse? Or, are you going to do what you know you should...read the Word and talk to God? Usually the first choice I make is the wrong one...then it's all downhill from there!! The best one is read the Word and talk to God. Somewhere in the back of your mind you know this. Tonight I was flipping through the Psalms and landed on Psalm 27:4-8. This is what it says...

4 The one thing I ask of the Lord
      the thing I seek most—
   is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
      delighting in the Lord’s perfections
      and meditating in his Temple.
 5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
      he will hide me in his sanctuary.
      He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
 6 Then I will hold my head high
      above my enemies who surround me.
   At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy,
      singing and praising the Lord with music.  7 Hear me as I pray, O Lord.
      Be merciful and answer me!
 8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
      And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”


This is about David finding strength in the presence of the Lord. When he went into His sanctuary David found strength to face whatever problems he had. The part that really hit me was verses 7 & 8. When all hell breaks loose in our lives what is it that the Lord wants us to do? Talk with Him! David heard the Lord say, "Come and talk with Me." Then he did what we all should. David responded, "Lord, I am coming." Wouldn't it just make everything so much easier for us if we would just do that?


Then I read the rest of that Psalm. Verse 14 says...


14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
      Be brave and courageous.
      Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


Sometimes life gets really...well, just plain ugly. Situations happen in all of our lives that we can't control. The best thing we can do is to pray and ask God to just handle it and give us strength and wisdom to do all the right things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle. This is really amazing. I reading something similar in PSalm 84 v 10: For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else...David knew where His help and strength came from. I also like v14 above that says to WAIT PATIENTLY on the Lord (or maybe I dont like it!). They call us the microwave generation. We want everything Now! God wants us to wait on Him. Thanx for the reminder. God bless, Tracy (TKT)