Friday, April 8, 2011

He Will Never Leave Us

God is just really funny. He gives me things when I am first waking up. Of all places to talk to me, many times it's in the shower. Finally, I think I have figured out why it's there. Because there is nothing, and no one else around, to take my attention away from Him. I will listen and tend to really think about what He's saying to me. Focus my attention on it because I don't want to forget it before I get back to my computer!! This is what I couldn't get away from this morning. A little phrase I have heard preachers and friends say so often.

GOD is good all the time...and all the time...GOD is good!!

I don't like saying this because it's a be real moment but here it is anyway...

Lately I have been struggling a lot. Sometimes I think maybe I could just give in because I would feel better. Then I realize...that isn't true. For a moment in time I would feel better...but it would be just a brief fleeting moment. When you are going through a battle you have to keep your eyes on what you know to be true...the things that will last!! I have been told that even when you are going through something that you think is unbearable...the darkest of your current times...God is still there with you.  Fighting with you in your struggle. Helping you to make it through so you can grow through your pain. When people tell me things like that...in those moments of my life...I don't always readily accept it. Deep down, I know they are right. Yet sometimes, when I might not be walking as close as I should be with the Lord, it's hard to see that there will be light on the other side. I'm sure there are others of you reading this that have struggles like this too. So here's something to remember...one truth I know right now...

Hebrew 13:5 b
“I will never fail you.
      I will never abandon you.”

Remember that as we go through our day!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Just exactly what I needed to "hear" this morning Chelle .....wonderful post!