Thursday, April 7, 2011

1 Chronicles 16:11

1 Chronicles 16:11
Search for the Lord and for his strength;
continually seek him.

Have you ever found yourself truly searching for the Lord, seeking after Him because you don't know what else to do so you can just make it one more day? We always need His strength but there are sometimes in our lives when we don't know if we can take another breath without an extra portion of Him! We have probably all had at least one of those times. It reminds me of what Asaph wrote in Psalm 77:1-4

I cry out to God; yes, I shout.
Oh, that God would listen to me!
When I was in deep trouble,
I searched for the Lord.
All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven,
but my soul was not comforted.
I think of God, and I moan,
overwhelmed with longing for his help.
You don’t let me sleep.
I am too distressed even to pray!

This guy was in a mess! Have you been there? I can so relate to what he is saying. Even though my circumstances were not the same as his...what he wrote fits. However...there is always tomorrow. Read on in that Psalm. Verses 11 and 12 really caught my attention.

But then I recall all You have done, O Lord;
I remember Your wonderful deeds of long ago.
They are constantly in my thoughts.
I cannot stop thinking about Your mighty works.

Finally Asaph started getting it together. He realized just how much he has seen the Lord do. For me I don't have to think back too far to remember all that the Lord has done for me. Everything that He has changed for me...delivered me from. When we are going through things in our lives and thinking...Maybe God isn't here with us after all, maybe He really doesn't care...we need to think back to the times He healed us from sickness...kept us from having an accident...had a doctors report come back clean...maybe we even need to think about when He forgave us and gave us new life!! Mighty works done for us by the Lord!! When we are having a tough time it's hard to remember the good times. But it's so important that we do. Just remembering can help to get us through to the other side of whatever the problem is. You have to remember also that everything that's wrong may not change all at the same time. It's hard but you just have to decide to not give in to what the devil is telling you. Don't listen to him. He is not your master anymore. Look to the Lord for your strength!

In Exodus 15 there was a conflict going on between Egypt and Israel. It wasn't just between the people in the countries it was also between the gods of Egypt and the GOD of Israel. The gods of Egypt were demons but the GOD of Israel was the one and only true GOD! Just like with us today. We are battling the devil and his demons. We have to rely on God and His mighty works to see us through our battles just like His people had to do back then. Exodus 15 verses 11 & 13 are part of a song Moses and the people of Israel sang to the Lord.

“Who is like you among the gods, O Lord
glorious in holiness,
awesome in splendor,
performing great wonders?
“With your unfailing love you lead
the people you have redeemed.
In your might, you guide them
to your sacred home.

I really like what it says. We need to remember how glorious and awesome He is! We need to tell Him! His unfailing love is what has redeemed us and saved us from death. One of these days He is going to lead us home too. We just have to stay strong. Talk to God and read His Word. He will help us all.

Continually seek HIM!!

No comments: