Thursday, April 11, 2013

Contemplative...Reflective Thoughts

Some weeks...days...hours...moments...I think I'm just done...

Done with life...people...myself...sometimes even God...

But I know I'm not really...

At least not with God...and most people...not even with life...

At times...like this moment in time...I just think it...

This may come as quite a shock to those of you who read this blog all the time but I'll say it anyway...

I. Am. Not. Perfect. 

Those really are my thoughts sometimes...

There are times when I just don't handle life very well...

Things go wrong and each day you go to bed thinking that the next day will be better.  You will get up tomorrow and all will be good...or on the way to good.  But...you wake up and it's not better.  In fact...just the opposite...each day is worse...harder.  Life...it keeps going on in just the way God has planned...His perfect plan.  Which...by the way...isn't always our perfect plan!    

So while I've been home trying to get a handle on things...I got on Facebook.  What I probably should have been doing was talking to God...but since I wasn't...God decided to talk to me.  Through Facebook!  

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. 

That's what someone had posted.  Right there where I had no choice but to see it...read it even!!
You think God had something to do with that?  My thought is yes...everything to do with it I'm sure!

So I can tell you this...

While taking time out of my contemplative...reflective thoughts...to write this...

Nothing has changed...

I'm still not perfect and sometimes I will still be done with it all...

Everything that was wrong when I started this post...

Is still wrong now...

Well...

One thing has changed...

I'm not done with God and never will be...

His perfect plan is what's right for me...

Even if I don't see it right now...

And...

His perfect plan for your life...

Really is right for you too...

Even when it's hard...

Remember this when you aren't sure...

It's what I will be reciting to myself...

He really will meet all of your needs...

Just like He says He will...









 









2 comments:

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,
Isn't it great that God never wavers back and forth the way we do...He is steady like a rock!
~God bless~
Lisa

Unknown said...

I think Satan's greatest tool against us Christians is discouragement. I have been where you are, Chelle, and for every step you make toward God, Satan is working to pull you away. Keep praying, reading, and stepping toward our loving Father!