Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Psalm 62:6

Tonight as I was sitting and thinking about my word for the year I opened my Bible to one of my favorite Psalms. My eye went immediately to verse 6;

Psalm 62:6
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will not be shaken.


And there it was. The words I will not be shaken! Yes...my word for this year is unshakeable. Now I have a verse to go with it. This verse really spelled it out for me clearly tonight. As long as I keep Jesus first He will be my rock...salvation...and fortress. Then...I will be unshakeable.  Not because of me but because of Jesus.

4 comments:

Eric Jones said...

Definitely sounds like the word of the year. My pastor taught at length tonight about being unshakeable this year. Also the song "Foundation" by For Today kept playing in my head the entire service. There is a line that says, "I will not be moved. Unshakeable!"
Go forth this new year and stand firm in Him!

Shakin' the Foundation said...

Great word my friend!!! Many blessings to you and yours this new year!!!
ps...My word is "Apply"

xoxo
Stacey

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Chelle,
So cool how God will give you a word and then it is confirmed, sometimes over and over again! He is Awesome and worthy to be praised! Happy 2013...It's gonna be a great year!
~God bless~ Lisa

Kristin Bridgman said...

Love it Chelle! UNSHAKABLE! That makes me just want to stand up straight and ROAR! :)