Sunday, May 13, 2012

Women Of GOD

It's been a while since I've posted anything but I think this is a good way to start up again...


Telling people how I feel, and expressing how I feel, has always been hard for me. Hugging and saying I love you never used to be something I did. Because of what the Lord has done for me, and two people He placed in my life, most of the time it comes easy...still working on all of the time! LOL  I know that many times I probably seem distant and as if I don't care...that's not the case. Sometimes old habits and ways just come back and hit me! So in light of all this, here we go...

I want to take Mothers Day as an opportunity to thank the Lord for a couple of Moms in my life that both read this blog. They are both Moms and Grandmothers and yes...even Great Grandmothers! Their children and families are greatly blessed to have them. They are both great women of God and serve Him faithfully. I've been hearing a lot lately how we need to tell the people in our lives that are important to us...that they are. You never know if you will get another chance or not. So today I'm doing that with all the "Moms" in my life

Amy...I love you. To me you are kind of like a second real Mom and a special friend. You're there for me anytime and I can talk to you if I need to and...you yell at me in a nice sort of way just like my real Mom! But...I have to admit that when you have it was something I needed to hear. You have prayed for me and counseled me many times and always make time for me in your busy schedule. Those dinners we have had have been priceless moments for me! Lets keep doing these. Thank you for all that you have done for me and for being who you are.

Marge...I love you. For me you are my spiritual Mom, a mentor and a special friend. The countless hours we have spent on the phone talking...at your house talking...long e-mails of questions and problems, then answers...have been some of the best conversations I have ever had. Praying we have many more times like these in the future. I have learned so much from you...you have no idea. We have shared many special times of prayer where the Lord has healed my mind and body of many things. Most of all you helped me on the day I needed help most...you led me in the sinners prayer and talked to me for hours! Thank you.

I could go on and on about all the ways these two ladies have touched my life but I'll just finish with this.

You both have a special place in my life and in my heart! Most of the time I don't think I really am deserving of the love you have both shown to me. If not for the two of you I wouldn't be where I am today spiritually, relationally, and even mentally. My prayer is that someday I can become just half the women of God that you both are. Writing this out to you both...and feeling what I feel just doing it...is making me cry. You both know that for me that's a miracle. 

I pray you both had an awesome day with your families.

Love and hugs to you both,
Chelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelle - this is so beautiful and what an awesome way to honour these ladies in your life.
God bless
Tracy

Denise said...

What a beautiful tribute to these special women of grace and love who have had such an impact on your life Chelle! I am sure they are honored by your loving and thankful heart... :)

Blessings and hugs friend,
Denise

Aritha V. said...

I like this tribute to this women in your life. They are very special. What great that God uses people in our lives.

Desiray said...

Very lovely tribute you gave these woman Chelle...