Friday, May 25, 2012

Pray For Others

This morning I was looking at a devotional I had downloaded onto my IPad . I started flipping through the pages looking for something that would pertain to the situation I have found myself in this last week. As usual, the Lord led me to one that does. 

It talks about how blatant sin is and how it's just an attempt to fill the emptiness  of your soul. I know this from my own life and how I lived before I was a Christian. Satan just totally blinds people...and binds them up...to what seems to us that they are at a point of no return. But that's just not how it really is. People are doing the most hellish and vile things because they are searching for peace...hope...love...for GOD...yet they don't realize it. They are just searching in the wrong places.

We are surrounded everyday with people that are searching. It could be strangers, friends, or even family that don't know the Lord. Maybe at one time they did and because of things that have happened in their lives they went another way. They started searching for peace, thought they found it, but really what they found was just a bigger lie from the devil. They get caught up and before they know it they are just lost in satan's lies. He controls them and everything they do. Many times there is no talking to someone because satan has them  so totally. However, there is always hope for them. As Christians we just have to continue to pray and not forget that the Lord does mighty miracles everyday. We just have to pray and believe. 

For us as Christians we aren't blinded by satan's lies anymore. We may let him get us down sometimes but we know the Truth and the Truth has set us free! We have seen the light of Christ and have HIS great love within us.  We aren't any better than those who don't know Christ we just have Jesus in our hearts, and the Holy Spirit within us, to help us.

2 Corinthians 4:4

4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

Today let's remember to pray earnestly for those in our lives that need to find Jesus as their Savior. Remember how you felt before you asked Jesus into your heart? I was so alone and afraid and I remember it well. Think back...remember...and pray for those around you as others prayed for you.

2 comments:

Denise said...

This was beautiful and straight from your heart Chelle...I can think of many loved ones to pray for Gods intervention and grace.

Blessings and love my friend,
Denise

Desiray said...

Hello Sis how are you doing? I just finished having a prayer meeting this evening. If you ever want to join me let me know okay I am having another one in June