Friday, May 18, 2012

In Him You Find Rest

Father God tonight I ask You for peace. You say in Your word that You know everything about me...the tiniest details of my life. I believe that You know everywhere I've been in my life...good or bad. You know all the places I am going to go to next. There isn't anything I can do, or anyplace I can go, that You Lord won't be with me. And...no matter where I go You will be there guiding my way...protecting my heart and my mind...leading me in everything that I do and say. You will give me peace and wisdom as I need it. I think of the 23rd Psalm and believe that yes...You are my shepherd and in You I can find rest and peace. When everything around me is crazy...You will protect me and give me comfort. I am leaning on You Lord knowing that You will be with me...helping me to make good decisions...keeping me calm...and helping me to keep my mind, and my heart, constantly turned towards You. Thank You Father God for loving me.

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.
    He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.

When I'm feeling a little unsure of things in my life, I like to go back to the 23rd Psalm and read it. At times I say it from memory when I don't have a Bible. It's one of those chapters in the Bible that just helps me to feel calm and peaceful no matter what is going on. 

God is good and He loves us more than we can even comprehend. When you really think about that...it's a good feeling.

3 comments:

Carole in the UK said...

It's wonderful and reassuring to know Chelle, that whenever we are going over a bump in our spiritual road, we can run to God, knowing that He will shelter us and give us the rest we need as He refreshing us at the same time.

Have a peaceful weekend in Jesus' name.

Aritha V. said...

Always good to return to this psalm. To the God of this psalm. I read it often too.

Anonymous said...

Oh this touched my longing soul, and I am refreshed...just never know where the "green pastures" are and the "still waters" will be found.....thank you